Has anybody ever built

Blue2002

A sort of euro-rat 2002?

I'm starting to see more and more of these cars pop up, starting with the infamous "rusty", and now more and more bmw's and "ratsuns" seem to be popping up. I'm curious as to what a 2002 would look like. I always thought 2002s seemed a bit too classy to fully stance/rust out. Maybe it would be cool, or maybe an abomination. Some pics for the people who dont know what I'm talking about:

post-19016-13667638739024_thumb.jpeg

post-19016-13667638740412_thumb.jpeg

post-19016-13667638741658_thumb.jpeg

Someone in the project blogs section bagged their '02. Another did some heavy suspension modification and is running 17's or 18's.

This was for sale locally ~4 years ago. It would look pretty sweet just clear coated as is. I know it's not slammed but with 15's or a little more sheet metal work it would looks/be lower. IIRC it has 17x8F and 17x9R.

154916_10100140031318018_10738895_53798461_8099177_n.jpg

I don't know about a "ratsun" per say, but I think one could look good built like some of the nicer VW's out there.

Kinda like this, but with some subframe modifications so your rear wheels don't look so stupid with 15 degrees of negative camber. The sunvisor looks tacky but an aluminum/wood slat roof rack would be cool.

23793600003_large.jpg

This one is pretty nice, throw some 15x7's or 7.5's with out any poke/stretch and it would look a lot better.

Nov_07_COTW_Wallpaper_Chris.jpg

I also like this, minus the gaudy chrome wheels. Could probably come up an inch in ride height and look a little better.

6905500010_large.jpg

I REALLY like the idea of an outlaw-style 2002 in the spirit of the Porsche 356 outlaws... I've been thinking about this for awhile and have some ideas for how I want mine to look. I have a Thermador Swamp Cooler I'd like to have pinstriped, and I'm still looking for the right paint color since Sahara doesn't seem to patina as well as something like Granada... I wish I had the cajones to paint my car flat black!

post-15028-13667638765664_thumb.jpg

post-15028-13667638767658_thumb.jpg