$40 for head gasket??? is that right?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just ordered from importcarparts.com, mainly because they are the only guys I could find that could get me the parts by early next week. Total for 1 head gasket and the 2 gaskets for the timing cover plus shipping was $53 something. Almost $40 for the head gasket alone, is this correct? I assume there isnt ANY way I can pull the head without using a new gasket? What about another way to fix the spark plug hole without needing to pull the head? I now have very little money to do anything if I find something else wrong... doh.

Guest Anonymous

I don't pay much more than that when I buy a whole head gasket set--including head gasket, valve cover gasket, upper timing cover gasket, valve seals, etc.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I don't have a receipt handy, but I think the last time I ordered gaskets, I paid $100 for the lower and upper sets combined. On the other hand, I think I shopped around a bit, and in the past I've paid easily $150 for the same stuff. BTW, the S14 M3 head gasket is listed at $114! You didn't get ripped too badly, the head gasket itself is the pricey part. The other seals don't add up to much.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

The guy I talked to twice at importcarparts was pretty short and rude. I talked to another guy that was helpful, but the guy that took my order wasnt cool. Plus I called max and they said they have them for like $20 or so (forgot the exact price). Called importcarparts back to stop the order, talked to the same guy. He said well for that price those sure arnt german quality, and then basically hung up on me. So screw them, I'll give my money to the helpful guys at max...

Guest Anonymous

the guy on the phone was very helpfull. Head gasket was $16, timing cover gasket was $11. Shipping was $7 or something, BUT that added bonus is that the guy is having them droped shipped from socal, which will save days on shipping, meaning for about $35 I got everything I needed and it should be here next week. Sweet!

Guest Anonymous

You didn't order the timing seal set - only the valve cover seal....if you need the front timing cover seals - give me a call back - and I'll add'em!

I'd hate to see ya' stranded with HALF the parts you need!

Have a great weekend Y'all!

Paul

MAximill...

Guest Anonymous

for a 14mm kit it's like $96.

http://www.madsens1.com/tsert.htm

Since I alread ordered the head gasket and the helicoil kit is only going to be $18 or so, I think I'll just pull the head. This way I can make sure, because even with those time-serts there is some drilling/taping, and I'd be very worried about metal shavings falling into the motor.