14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Help in Houston...

Codfish

I am at the point of fixing this car with a baseball bat...

At first when I attempted to start the car it sparked at the throttle connection on the firewall (no spark to the engine). I checked all the wires and found nothing wrong according to the diagrams that have been posted here... Now when I attempt to start the car all I hear is the click from the starter.

-I get 12 volts at the coil with the car in the on position

-The car no longer turns over it just clicks (battery is good)

-I have been trying to trace this issue for the last month

Here is the build out...

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,325122/highlight,sabrina/

HELP PLEASE !!!

Ill buy the beer and BBQ (thats how we do it here in Texas)

Peace and Thanx

Wayne

Guest Anonymous

usually that's a sign of a weak battery or bad starter. Try jumping the car off another, running car. If you just get the click, sock the starter with something like a hammer handle, and check the wires to it and the grounds. If that doesn't work, take it to a parts place or shop where they can check it.

Thank you Gentlemen... I moved the ground strap and now it cranks like it should.

The second issue I am having is the lack of spark... I am using the diagram below (its for the 6 fuse setup). The second green wire off the relay doesn't state where it goes.

Is it to the ignition?

27wzuo7.jpg

I am also not sure if the crane xr-700 is working is there a way to test it ?

3150fmw.jpg

Thanx in advance

Wayne

Wow Wayne - glad to see you are making progress.

That looks like an older Crane unit. The newer ones have a red light on the top that blinks when the unit is firing.

Not sure on the wiring. I just went and looked at my car, and yours being an earlier 2002, they are wired differently.

Sorry.

Ken

Thanks Ken, this no spark issue is driving me nuts... But I am much happier now that I got rid of arc (due to a bad ground) problem... Once again THANKS guys !!!

Anyone know of a way to test the Crane xr-700 ???