14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

02 spotted on 80 out of Truckee CA 2/14 - chaining up!

RickW

Just now getting around to finding out if it was somebody on here. My family and I were leaving tahoe westbound highway 80 and there was a nice roundie in the chain control area putting on chains. I wanted to stop and help, but the wife and little kids had other ideas since we were getting waived through with our 4WD. How was the drive over the pass? Hope your heater worked better than mine....

I hope I don't embarrass myself here, after all I am a newbie. Definitely a roundie, and in the driving snow I'm going to say polaris, or some shade of light blue/gray. How's that for vagueness!? After the RIDICULOUS warm and clear weather we've had in California for the past month it must have been a bummer having to get the chains on. The road wasn't bad, but having driven my 02 out in the driving rain for a few hours today I can say that it sucks to not have a good working defroster. Those guys must have been hating it! But then again the pass is fairly short, and they were probably down into warm weather within 45 minutes. Imagine my surprise to see one on my trip. A few months ago it might not have caught my eye over there on the shoulder amongst the other cars, but now I've got the bug!!