14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

1975 Mintgrun 2002 at Copely Motorcars

Im with repoman on this one! thats a nice craig list find . I had a mintgrun 76 #2376181 and that color took some time to grow on me but when it stuck that was it!it is now my favorite 2002 color. I would have loved to find something like this 10 or 12 years ago when mine was rusting out .A finished mintgrun shell! I hope who ever buys this respects it

I bought that mintgrun in ca this morning, believe me I know how lucky I am and it will be thoroughly respected and loved. My 71 has a good interior and drivetrain on it so I will be swapping that stuff over for this summers project, can't wait to get started.

Good Deal! I almost made a road trip this holiday weekend. That was a killer deal! Congrats!

Here's the original post ( I don't have the pics):

1975 BMW 2002 from California. It is a manual transmission and sun roof California Dry Car with no rust except for one little spot behind the bottom of the right rear seat. This car is gorgeous in original mint green. A very rare color.

I bought this car a few years ago as a project to work on with my son and honestly made very little progress. The car was purchased as a roller with a fresh coat of Glassa Paint. When we purchased the car it had been properly prepped and sanded before receiving a beautiful Mint Green Paint Job. The cost of the original work was claimed to have been over $3500 which seems very likely based on the quality and workmanship.

After receiving the car we did very little work to it. We purchased chrome trim, tail lights, emblems and installed them. That’s about it. With that said we think it is time to move on and sell the car to someone who can enjoy it and hopefully get this BMW on the road sometime soon!

This is an exceptional rolling body with some extras including a Tii Motor that I purchased 2 years ago. The car was not originally a Tii, but you could build it as a Tii. This is not uncommon since original Tii’s command such a high prices these days and are harder to find unrestored.

This would also make a great project to build a race car. The motor alone is worth almost $1500 and I paid over $2500 for the car. Plus you get all the extras.

When I purchased the motor it had been run and compression was good, but it has sat for 2 years. Honestly this motor is probably ready for a rebuild. The good news is everything is there including all the fuel injection components.

Also included with the car are some various chrome trim pieces, weather strip seals and miscellaneous parts.

This is a great solid project which will result in an excellent BMW Tii clone.

I welcome inspections so please contact me directly to coordinate seeing the vehicle.

Please know I have very positive feedback and have bought and sold many vehicles on EBay. I am also a Licensed California Dealer, but am selling this privately.

This project is sold “as is and with no warranty”.