• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 turbo

Mrpink

Pretty sure that's a clone, there was an article in either bimmer or roundel about it a while ago.

Tinker Engineering - 2014

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all

Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep

Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history

Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now

I spoke to the seller but have not seen the car. I'll try to get a look at it tonight if possible. I am also no expert on what to look for. I can certainly get a vin, but if there's anything specific you want to know is there let me know.

The seller told me he's had it for about a year or so and has other projects that are more pressing. He also seemed relatively anti trying to sell it non locally as the cl ad states.

Ken

A real turbo will have the larger fuel tank which sticks up higher then a normal 02, red instrument panel behind speedo and tach, most have special bucket seats. These are more difficult things to obtain that most clones do without. I no expert either. I'm sure there are other distinguishing features that are not easy to clone. Vin # should be checked along with ID plate. I think these cars are the only ones with a different ID plate stating "2002 turbo" instead of 2002/2002tii. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Mike Katsoris

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Just spoke with seller again. The car has been sitting outside all winter and he is hoping to pull it into the garage tomorrow to thaw out. Once it has done so, he'll be ready to show it..or it will be ready to be seen.

He sounds not terribly excited to deal with a long distance sale, but also said he's fine with it if not too much hassle..or something along those lines.

Ken

I have bets on it's a clone, no rear spoiler, front US turn signals and side markers. Doesnt seem right to me.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

:-)

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/p,759145/highlight,/sid,22709ba6f6947b1dbd92ffb5adf05cc3/

I have bets on it's a clone, no rear spoiler, front US turn signals and side markers. Doesnt seem right to me.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Right. looking for a quick sale, but I won't respond to any emails. Just come up to Alaska and take a look at my not-real 2002 Turbo. Uh-huh.

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

Right. looking for a quick sale, but I won't respond to any emails. Just come up to Alaska and take a look at my not-real 2002 Turbo. Uh-huh.

...not to mention, he doesn't answer his phone or return VM's. This has bullshit written all over it!

Polaris '71 2002tii Touring

DS '88 M3

Agave '73 2002

e46 Touring

Titanium 05 X3 Si

touringtiiweb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I found this add like 6 months ago, i nearly crapped my pants and almost bought a plane ticket to alaska when it seems to good to be true it is, its a clone and the owner knows its a clone- in the 70's some dealer out of new jersey was making these clones do some searching there are more threads about this particular car - cant remember if its a bmw orig kkk turbo setup or one of the aftermarket kits that were available then- probably not a bad deal if its not completely rusted out- p.s. i spoke with the owner not the easiest guy to deal with

'72tii

'73

• 9 years later...

This one has popped up again, but it’s older now - listed as a 1976

https://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/d/anchorage-1976-bmw-2002-tii-turbo/7178644431.html

This is a project I’ve had for years and just not enough time and Now need the space. Not running or driving at present time New clutch, breaks and tires also some extra parts. Look at the pics for condition, it has rust and needs work. Interesting trades considered calls are best 9O7-227-650four

340E915B-D872-4EC9-B28C-319F84BC2037.jpeg

7339E619-3172-4804-9F2C-0ACE298904AA.jpeg

4A659B05-FCD0-408E-AC97-51BFA45104F1.jpeg

B991531F-82B9-42B4-95E8-04778BDBA674.jpeg

I talked to the seller yesterday but our schedules don’t line up so I can’t go look. One of the guys from the local group was headed over this morning to check it out. It might be worth half what he’s asking but again he doesn’t seem to care if it sells. He did mention he had trouble getting the right brake calipers so it might have tii struts.