14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

At the edge. Need a push...

LarryE10E20

So my '73 tii is entirely stock-looking from the outside (ignoringthe BWAs and fog light bolt-ons). But I'm perilously close to adding a front spoiler. I have access to a Kamei. Can someone show me pics of an '02 with a Kamei spoiler installed.

Also, any one want to talk me out of this? Into this? Confusion reigns...

Thanks!

post-422-13667637988871_thumb.jpg

Beautiful car!

It looks to be at stock height and with the US strut spacers in place, this should not present a problem. There is some consideration to be made if you plan to lower the ride height at some future point.

The Kamei spoiler looks nice and is period correct. I'd say go for it.

The only real question is: Satin/Flat Black or Bodycolor?

Cheers!

Also, any one want to talk me out of this? Into this? Confusion reigns...Thanks!

Car looks 100% without it. Adding a spoiler won't make it 101% If you want to maximize future collectability and ROI -- leave it as is. There will always be a good market for modified cars, but as time grows and our beloved 02s hit 50, the real interest from collectors will be in bone stock unmolested examples with patina.

Time to gobble up "grandmother owned" E30s? maybe.

-=Ben

I think that cars have character and it is a package. A kamei air dam on its own on your car goes contrary to its character. The air daa looks aggressive, mounts without a bumper and needs a car that is lowered, with wide tires. Flaring is not necessary but it definitely fits within that character. (I think the car posted above by Michael needs to drop an inch or two. It also needs wider tires.)

If you really want to add an air dam and keep the rest of the car stock, I suggest the one from IE. It's understated, you keep the bumper and it dresses up the car.

Or, as most people suggested, leave it as it is. It looks great.

Here is a picture of a Kamei on a late car.

Spoiler_on_green_2002.jpg