14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Need your vote....

Hutton

Working on the 72 inka (Inga) car this past weekend. Need help deciding on which wheels to use.

320is wheels ...Nice looking

320is wheels ...Alpina style (I hate it when people use that term)

1991 E30 318is BBS wheels

1991 E30 steelies 14" look like the old steel Alpinas just need silver paint

Original 02 with large hubcap

BWA 4 star wheels

BWA Mesh wheels

Oh, the best for last.....Original 02 Alloy wheels These will probably go on my 72 verona tii 2761710.

And yes, I'm a confessed wheel hoarder or Whore which every works best.

Enjoy the pics

post-310-13667637944739_thumb.jpg

post-310-13667637946233_thumb.jpg

post-310-13667637947703_thumb.jpg

If you're going for authenticity, then go for either the factory alloys or the OEM steel wheels (try and find 5" from a tii) with the large wheel covers.

Primary drawback: hard to find good 13" tires, you're pretty well limited to 185/70x13 max width, and 175/70s, while more plentiful will throw your speedo off.

E21 wheels--either BBS or spoke style--not the correct offset for 02s, and on some cars (esp lowered) can cause rubbing problems. Same 13" tire problem as the OEM wheels.

If you're gonna do a lot of driving (lotsa miles) and/or autocrossing/drivers schools, then 14" E30 steel wheels. Look very good on 02s, even period when painted silver, esp with the small Euro center hubcap. Better selection of tires in 14" size.

Since it took me 20 years to find a set of factory alloys, I'm kinda partial to 'em. but I like the full wheel covers and 13" E30 steel wheels too...

have fun deciding

mike

Other 14" E30 wheels...BBS style look good on an 02 (better than bottlecaps) but not quite as period. Same comments on tire selection.