• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EVENT: 5erWest 2011 -July 23rd- Gladstone, OR **FREE**

JakeD

2011banner.jpg

5erWest 2011 - July 22-23rd - Gladstone, Oregon

Northwest BMW Club invites you to attend 5erWest along the Willamette River in Gladstone, Oregon just south of downtown Portland. 5erWest is a celebration of the fine lineage of the BMW 5 series with a spotlight on the e12, e28, e34 and e39 chassis.

Although this is a 5-series focused event, it is also a gathering of ALL BMW enthusiasts. We welcome other BMW makes to attend and would like to give special encouragement to owners of other vintage “roundels” to show up in force! Special parking may be arranged if possible. It is not our intent to exclude any BMW enthusiast from attending 5erWest.

Registration and attendance for this event is completely FREE!! We just couldn't bring ourselves to charge enthusiasts for, what I feel, is really YOUR event!!

We'll kick off the weekend on July 22nd with a casual Friday night "Meet-N-Eat" to be hosted by the Portland area nwBMWclub members. The time/location will be determined at a later date and will be announced on our 5erWest website and our official 5erWest Newsletter.

The main event will kick off at 10am with lunch being served around noon. After lunch, we'll start drawing winners for our sponsor donated prize raffle. Last year, we gave away some fantastic prizes valued over $2000. Tickets can be purchased for $1 each at the event. This is how we will cover the costs for hosting this event, so be sure to show your support and buy lots of tickets!!

Following the raffle, the "Best of Chassis" and awards will be presented. Winners will be selected by votes submitted from all of our registered attendees. (5erWest 2010 "Best of Chassis" winners will not be eligible for this award)

Immediately after the awards are presented (1pm-ish) we will depart on the 5erDrive to be hosted by the Portland Chapter BMWACA. The route has not yet been determined. Last year, we drove up the Columbia River for lunch at the Full Sail breweries in Hood River.

This event was so successful last year with just over 100 cars, we have decided to try and make it an annual event for the West Coast BMW Community.

To learn more or register, visit our official 5erWest site. www.5erWest.com

We are also on Facebook!

If you have questions or would be interested in becoming a 5erWest sponsor, send email to 5erwest@nwbmwclub.com .

To wet your appetite, here are a few photos from 5erWest 2010 courtesy of Kyle Funsten:

crowd.jpge28rears.jpg

alpinaB7e12.jpgalpina.jpg

e28row2.jpge34row.jpg

e39.jpgsharks.jpg

e21_alpina.jpge9.jpg

drive2.jpgwinners.jpg

wholling_shot.jpgrolling_shot.jpg

rolling_e28.jpgdrive.jpg

We hope to see you in Gladstone!!!

www.5erWest.com

www.nwBMWclub.com

• 1 month later...

Well, we're now over 50 cars registered. Thanks everybody.

This year's event is going to be a lot of fun!!

If anybody has any suggestions for possible sponsorship, please email me at: 5erwest@nwbmwclub.com

Thanks!

www.5erWest.com

www.nwBMWclub.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hey fellow 5er Fans!!

July is going to be here before we know it. I am really looking forward to 5erWest 2011! I'm very happy to announce that all of last year's sponsors will be returning once again. Several will be donating some fantastic prizes that will be given away to some lucky participants. I just wanted to take a second to announce these generous sponsors:

nwbmwclub200.gif

20217551224b67a4477cddc.png

millerperformance.gif

CO_Logo_5west.jpg

GAS_sponsor_logo.gif

bmwclublogo.jpg

mye28_banner.jpg

Fiorano-LogoPSversion%20copy.jpg

gladstone_banner.jpg

Our 5erWest promotion team is currently contacting several businesses in the BMW community and we are hoping that they will join us by helping support 5erWest 2011 and everybody who calls themselves an enthusiast!

In other news, I am in discussions with a photojournalist from a major "BMW related" publication that is very interested in featuring the 5erWest 2011 in an issue this fall. I am very excited about this and I will be sure to make a formal announcement once all the details are finalized.

Remember, registration for 5erWest 2011 is completely FREE, so be sure to do so soon.

CLICK HERE and go register today!!

www.5erWest.com

www.nwBMWclub.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Calling all PNW 2002 owners!!

I'd love to have a strong showing of e3s and Bavs at the show this year! 2 months away. We have about 100 cars registered, but there's always room for more. Kinda like Jello, right?!?

www.5erWest.com

www.nwBMWclub.com

• 1 month later...