14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Moving Battery to Trunk - Half-way There Question

fwardell

So, I'm moving the battery to the trunk. I have installed the E30 cable from trunk to engine compartment where I've bolted the E30 terminal block to the front of the washer bottle plate. So far, so good. In the trunk I will ground the battery and connect the positive cable. And, under the hood, I plan to just connect the existing positive battery cable to the new E30 positive terminal with an extender. Here's my question: what's the smaller cable which runs alongside the main E30 battery cable? It's now bolted to its own spot on the "new" E30 terminal block in the engine bay. Do I connect anything to it?

i dont know what generator/alternator you are utilizing but that small cable might be used to power the generator. i use a e30 318i generator witch features an internal voltage regulator this generator has 3 male pins sticking out. i think 2002 origenally used a external voltage regulator. i made my own battery cable. i dont like the idea of using 18 year old battery cables at best- 26 years at worst?