• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edda My 1967 BMW 1600 UPDATESUPDATESUPDATESUPDATESUPDATES!!!

barvarianbox_83

I purchased this vehicle around Halloween time 2010. I needed a project car. I came across her one day on CL. Dan who I bought it from was one hell of a guy with good intentions for the Edda but he just didn't have the time. The serial number is 1528870. When I got her she was an absolute mess. It's a 6v car as well and that was all new to me!!! Very original though. My goal is to have this BMW until I'm dead. I am taking my time with it sorting things out. None of the lights worked when I got it. I cleaned out the fuse box, and all the grounds and lights are in working order.

The vehicle is not a total rust bucket. There is a lot of potential. I was very unfamiliar with the 1600's when I bought this vehicle and I am learning so much. I would love to paint it Bristol.

I have stashed a shit ton of metal in my garage.

-driver frame rail

-driver floor

-inner and outer rocker panels

-front nose

I purchased the floor from Walloth in Germany. What a great product, and who does not want a BMW 2002 pen??? I have also ordered parts through Blunttech, and his orders always arrive quickly. He lives in MN and I live in Wi so Fed Ex is only 1 business day.

A very good friend of mine is restoring an old Alfa GTV, and his body guy is going to be doing all of my work welding and painting. Some of the body panels have already been sent to a media blaster. We are stripping off all of the paint, and going down to metal on the respray. I have some pictures of Edda being disassembled. She had tons of under coating on her. I got high sniffing gas fumes breaking up all the rustproofing. I am not removing the engine because it runs well just needs a decent carb on it.

I will not rebuild the suspension until next winter when Edda is up on jack stands again. I have already had the radiator rebuilt, and I am working on refurbishing the heater core. The gas tank is rusted at the seams and because of it's rarity needs to be rebuilt and and coated on the inside. There is a shop in IL that does all the gas tank rebuilds for The Werk Shop so I took it there.

I am also working on refurbishing my locks on the doors and trunk lid because none of them work. I am also going to refurbish the top part of the dash that is all cracked up and sun faded

My curve ball came last week in the form of a 4.5lbs monster named Bristow. Since he came into my life I have not been getting much accomplished. But he is a sweetheart.

Photobucket

Slowly but surely I will be adding to this blog.....

Here are some pictures of the progress....

Photobucket

<a

href="" target="_blank">Photobucket

Photobucket">

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you look real close you can see my pet mouse!!!!

Photobucket

Tetnis shot in a bag!!! All the nuts and bolts are getting stripped and zinc plated.

Photobucket

2010 Mazda Miata GT PRHT

2011 Honda Civic LX-S(parts hauler)APPLIANCE ON WHEELS!!! Why would anyone drive this?????

1967 BMW 1600 EDDA 1528870

My Blog

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,353567/

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great to see a '67 being restored to relatively stock. If you need anything or have any questions feel free to email me through the FAQ link. I'm sure Jeff Goss (bmw_jeff) will say the same thing. Congrats on the project so far.

What color are you planning on? You don't really have to keep it white or red, there are some wonderful early 1600 colors out there to chose from.

Cheers,

Tom Jones

BMW mechanic for over 25 years, BMWCCA since 1984
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Thanks for all the comments. I am looking forward to putting it together, and I really want to see this through start to finish. I know i'll be chiming in a lot for all the minute finishing details on the car.

2010 Mazda Miata GT PRHT

2011 Honda Civic LX-S(parts hauler)APPLIANCE ON WHEELS!!! Why would anyone drive this?????

1967 BMW 1600 EDDA 1528870

My Blog

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,353567/

i love it wow this is true dedication im in wisconsin as well so your not the only one.Im working on one or two 02s myself if you need anything let me know have pretty good parts ins

1975 2002 m42 5 speed 1973 2002 1975 2002 1973 2002tii f/s I love tiis but i love my m42 much more!!