wtf? friggin' @#$!#@ CV joints...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.marsmann.com/2002tii/

ok.

got 3.91 lsd from 320is

obtained cv's with 6 hole/10mm bolt pattern for an 83 model (even though I ordered them for a 79)

I swapped the old CV on my shaft with the new and when I go to bolt it up to the diff it hangs off by .25 of an inch.

wtf? do I need spacers now?! If so, where am I going to find spacers for this and find ones that won't vibrate?

help!

Guest Anonymous

you can get spacers at dave varco www.2002parts.com or ireland www.bmw2002.com and others. Instead of trying to swap some CV's from some year 320 you can just get the redrilled output flanges and spacers for like $90 and it's a bolt in simmpie install. Simple and those who say it isn't sturdy I've been doing burnouts with aprox 160HP motor and they hold up on shock loads quite well.

Party On

Kris

Guest Anonymous

ryan_phelps.jpg

The 79 320 has the EXACT same cv joint but came drilled from the factory with 10mm holes and can be had at the local wrecker for a couple a bucks!!!!It's also just a direct swap...

Ryan

68 02

PS...I seen cv's come out with some not so clean holes after they have been drilled...

Guest Anonymous

They need to have a grove machined in them (cost me 30 bucks) and they are wider than 320 flanges so no spacer needed- use original 02 eqiupment