shaving wheels for backspace?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have some info that says that on Oz 'Alpina' 15x7 wheels...e21 spec (et12)...you can safely shave around 5 or 6mm off the mount area in order to get them to fit a bit better on 02's. Apparantly there is enough material there. Has anyone here DONE this and is using them? Tman gave me a contact (thanks!) that had apparantly stated this but I haven't had a response yet.

just curious..

thx

Matt

ps I KNOW this is not generally a good practice..but these specific wheels apparantly have a bit of material to play with...

Guest Anonymous

Have not done it to those wheels, but to real minilites. They were used on a race car. No problems. Just get a good machinist to do it with the right equipment.

Good Luck,

Mike (#87)

Guest Anonymous

ones from walloth and nesch still have the now out of production 15 x 6 variety which apparently fit better. I will tell you how mine look after friday!!!!!!

Only two more sleeps...

Guest Anonymous

Maybe yes, maybe no. Some wheels have scope to machine approx 5mm or so as Mike87 confirms.

Just make sure there will be enough meat where the lug nuts/bolts are so the centres are not weakened.