Manifold Problem, HELP!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I hope one of you 02ologists can help me out. I was changing both heater hoses in my 72 project car when I noticed build-up on the tube that exits the manifold and feeds the heater box on the drivers side. So, I got out my strusty little wire brush and srubbed it... it crumbled! I have a hole in the tube the size of a penny and the rest of the outlet tube doesn't look very solid. Hopefully this is pressed or screwed in and not a permanent tube. Can I fix this? Or as I expect, I need a new intake manifold.

Guest Anonymous

you might be able to clean out the hole, tap the opening with a 1/2" pipe tap and thread in an aluminum fitting to replace the old hose nipple (the 1/2" dimension applies to the inside diameter of the fitting - the tapped hole is actually closer to 1" in diameter). Earl's Supply should have the fitting you need - can get them through Summit Performance if no one in your area carries them.

I used this proceedure to modify the outlet hose fitting on a manifold last year, worked fine.

Guest Anonymous

sig.jpg

just post that you are looking for a 2 barrel manifold and you will most likely find one. Ask Sam, he probably has a couple hundred of them :)

steve