m20 mtormounts and tranny

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

will an m20 bolt up to the 2002 gearbox? what about motormounts, I understand someone sells them for an M20 02. what are the specs of the 2002 m20 motor mounts? what about s50/52 M3 six cylander? are the motor mounts the same?

Guest Anonymous

No, the M20 won't bolt up to a 2002 tranny. It will bolt up to an E21 323i 4 or 5 speed, or an E30 M20 tranny. It is possible to take the bellhousing/front casing from an E21 323i 5 speed and put it on a Getrag 245 from an E21 320i.

Dan Williams sells the mounts. I forgot his email address, but it's in the archives.

Guest Anonymous

His email is "dan.w@pstbbs.com" They look great And Are well worth the money If you dont trust your welding skills.

Andy Rattley

Guest Anonymous

I trust my welding skills but I don't know the specs for welding up some mounts. I was hoping to use the tock four speed but If I was going to go to a five speed it wouldn't matter too much. I was just thinking about a motor swap because my motor needs new valve guide seals and the entire nose is off of my car right now so a motor swap would be a hell of a lot easier now then once I get the rad support/nose welded on. the compression of the M10 is an even 120psi across all four with no variation. I could turbocharge it but for the price of turbocharging it pluss rebuilding the motor I could have a five speed and a six cylander.

Guest Anonymous

and getting it all to set right is what is very hard. took me a few times making the first set till i got it right, now the last run(have made around 30 of them now) is the 4th series run after that proto one and they are very nice now. good luck to you. and have fun...