fog lamps 74tii

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

the fog lamps got damaged during car painting, so body shop took them off. can't find wires to re-wire. can you tell me where wires come from? ):

Guest Anonymous

a plastic cover just above the battery, clipped to the radiator support. The factory fog light wiring harness plugs into that terminal, then to a relay on the "relay rack" next to the brake fluid reservoir. If you have your original owners manual, the wiring diagram should be in it. You'll probably need a magnifying glass to read it, but it should show the fog light wiring.

Come to think of it, you should be able to find some stray wires somewhere between the grille and the radiator support. They're probably the fog light wires.

Happy hunting.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I have a couple of mystery wires/plugs I would like to figure out what they were for. First one around the battery. 4 white wires into single white or really weathered clear plug. Looks like it has a single spade connector a bit down inside the plug. I don't think this is to do with the foglights. It is only one connection from what I saw last night.

The other is under the rear seat on the passenger side. It is a double plug covering 2 spade connectors. The plug is just like the ones for the seatbelt warning under the front seats. Harness wire runs down the passenger side rocker and ends at this plug under the rear seat.

Thanks for any input, I am totally lost on these.

Guest Anonymous

mid-year changes. Could the plug under the back seat be from a PO's rear speakers? are the wire live with the ign on (or off?). The terminal/wires above the battery sounds like the fog light hookup wire, but perhaps not. Is that wire live all the time, or just with ign on?

Mike

Guest Anonymous

thanks mike. I think I will have to chalk this up to a mystery right now. One of the few things left on the car is the harness. I was trying to tie up some undocumented connections before pulling it. As far as I know they were unused while running, so I'm not too worried about it. David