• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some custom wheel advice

nbristow01

I have been thinking about getting some custom steel wheels made. 15x7's ET25 to hold my 205/15/15s. BUT I want them to also have a chrome beauty ring and be able to hold the old style BMW chrome hubcap with the BMW roundel in the center. I just think it would look really cool to have the 205/50/15s on steelies on a lowered car. Nice retro old school look.

Anybody out there know of a place that can make these for me?

I have seem plenty of Acura wheels etc in 15x7 but none will hold the beauty ring and the hubcap

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Google Stockton wheel. They can take your stock steelies and widen them to just about any configuration. I've never used them but I've heard good things about them. I agree that it would look sweet on a really low 2002...

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

Stockton and .. I forget their name, but there's a place up north that was much more approachable. They actually suggested using a stock wheel center and then letting them try to find a 15" barrel that they could weld it to.

This might allow you to use the caps.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

remember the stock steel wheels - both early with the big hub caps and later with just little center cap - were 13". Might be hard to get that 13" center to work on a 15" rim.

But I like the idea of keeping the early old school wheel covers on a wheel big enough to modern(ish) rubber and clear bigger brakes too.

Paul in Richmond
'70 Chamonix
'85 535i, 2000 R1100R

Stockton website said they can put 14" centers on 15" barrels

You should look into NK wheels. I think that NK had 14" so there you would have your centers.

Tommy

Thanks Tommy Thats a great help

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

I grew up in Stockton (nothing to brag about) and Stockton Wheels have been around forever.

Stockton to San Marino....that is about as big of a step as you can make! You done good...

Ha, I made my baby steps through the years in the Bay Area first before coming down. My Bro went straight to Playa Vista from Stockton so it really was like getting out on parole. Stockton lost it's #1 ranking as the most miserable city in the country this year as ranked by Forbes so but I'm thinking it'll come back strong in 2011.

OP, sorry for the OT

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

they do very good, high quality work, but it's definately NOT cheap.

Last project I had done there was having a pair of Dodge D50 mini-truck wheels widened from 15x6 to 15x7 with the offset changed - there were no barrels available that matched the original stock 15x6's I was running on the front end, so they widened the existing wheels by adding material in the inside and moved the centers. Beautiful, leak free welds and the wheels were perfectly round and true, but it cost $250 to get the pair made.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)