Finally getting an 02. Story enclosed....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

A friend told me about an ebay auction for a 1974 2002tii for parts in mount airy (about 40 miles away), but it ended in 5 hours, and I didn't want to bid on a car I'd never seen, so I called the number in the ad and told the seller that if the buyer backed out, i would like to come take a look at the car. It turns out that the buyer was in California and thought the car was in washington state (as opposed to washington DC) and that he could come pick the car up and drive it home (remember, this car is being sold for parts), so I get a call back and arrange to go look at the car on thursday.

It was in MUCH nicer shape than the ad had described, a bit of rust (probably more, but i got it very cheap) but the interior is very nice with upgraded seats (VW maybe) and it comes with two carbed motors, but the tii motor is gone and there are no carbs to be found. (NOT a parts car at ALL!)

It turns out that a customer of the owner of a restoration shop had been storing it and the owner ran off without paying the bill, so the shop owner legally took possesion of the car.

Dad and I decided on the car ride home to make an offer the next day, and we made arrangements on saturday to pick the car up with our trailer next weekend!

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me in my project and car search... Sam, Dave, Dean, Marty, and others.

Matt

proud owner of 2780706 as of next weekend

Guest Anonymous

In the classified section:

Amazonsgrun with tan interior. Behr A/C, AM/FM

stereo cassette. Ziebart, Bilstein shocks.

Restored exterior, immaculate interior, original

owner, complete service records. Excellent

mechanical condition. $7000 or offer. Robert

O'Brien. Days 414-639-7205 Eves: 414-681-0898

(WI)

I've been collecting vins in my spare time, sick!

Michael