• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

banning members

gwb72tii

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My question would be this... What good would banning be? Wouldn't it be entirely possible to just keep creating another "registered user account"? I mean come on, this is kind of ridiculous to say the least. Armond now come on... How hard would it be for you to just not respond to jhc. All you do is feed the madness. I think most who are involved just need to get over it. I come on here to learn, to see what others are doing with their cars, find parts and so forth. I read all of the posts. If there is an idiotic post then I just read through it like anything else here and focus on the other more important parts.

1972 '02 work in progress

So if a member is banned, what would prevent them from registering under a different name? This discussion is indicative of the problems that the internet has imposed on our democracy and the lack of our society to properly deal with it (the deluge of unchecked information, infringements on music royalties and copyrights, collection of state sales taxes, or procedures for prosecuting libelous postings, are just a few). Sooner or later we are all going to have to deal with it.

Hmm... I might have come across as pedantic or heavy handed in my earlier missive. Chalk it up to too much coffee and cookies this afternoon.

So here's the short version - When someone is being a deliberate asshole, what they really crave is an audience that will react. Without an audience, it's just their own assholes their fooling with. And let's face it, playing with their own asshole just can't sustain that much interest, even for...well, assholes.

So, there's my rant for the day. Next.

Or, illustrated:

Hmm... I might have come across as pedantic or heavy handed in my earlier missive. Chalk it up to too much coffee and cookies this afternoon.

So here's the short version - When someone is being a deliberate asshole, what they really crave is an audience that will react. Without an audience, it's just their own assholes their fooling with. And let's face it, playing with their own asshole just can't sustain that much interest, even for...well, assholes.

So, there's my rant for the day. Next.

post-216-13667636535558_thumb.jpg

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

So if a member is banned, what would prevent them from registering under a different name?

Steve can block an IP address from accessing the site. So no matter what name someone tries to make-up, their IP address is always the same.

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

I see no problem with banning if used for only egregious cases. Using this board is a privilege, and as such it should be denied to people that can't at least make an effort to be civil. Political board excluded of course.

I also heartily agree with required registration to be able to post. One person who ripped me off has used 3 different names now to try to sell other crap using a non registered name each time. I would hate to see someone else get taken...

'69 2002

'59 MGA

'67 Chevy C20

“Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.” - Mark Twain

So if a member is banned, what would prevent them from registering under a different name?

Steve can block an IP address from accessing the site. So no matter what name someone tries to make-up, their IP address is always the same.

and how hard is to change an IP address...

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

Beauty of the interent is that there is ALWAYS another asshole out there willing to step up and dance.

you call that beauty? perhaps for someone with mental illness like you.

I have no Dog in the fight BUT was this really necessary? I mean if you are trying to get the board on an even kneel, why the need for this incidenary comment?

Just curious.

As you were.

Looking To Buy A Roundie Near SoCal

Adolf - 1993 BMW 325i - Daily

Titus - 2010 Cannondale CAAD8 S6 - My Green Contribution

Vittoria - 1999 Ducati 900 SuperSports - When Time Is Of The Essence

I have no Dog in the fight BUT was this really necessary? I mean if you are trying to get the board on an even kneel, why the need for this incidenary comment?

Just curious.

As you were.

my slant on things may sometimes be odd to many but i believe everyone one of us, including those that don't have dogs have perpetuated the issue by responding in this thread, "incidenary" or not

Just curious.

As you were.

my slant on things may sometimes be odd to many but i believe everyone one of us, including those that don't have dogs have perpetuated the issue by responding in this thread, "incidenary" or not

Sorry English is not my first language but still not an excuse to misspell incendiary. I bet that my command of the Yoruba language is tons better than your command of English though - wink

I disagree with your slant, but that's okay too.

Only here to further my knowledge on 2002, everything else is fluff.

I'll leave the direction of this thread to you Guys to iron out. On to work out my "alleged" overheating issue.

QuickSilver out.

PS: I think Marmalade tastes better than jam.

Looking To Buy A Roundie Near SoCal

Adolf - 1993 BMW 325i - Daily

Titus - 2010 Cannondale CAAD8 S6 - My Green Contribution

Vittoria - 1999 Ducati 900 SuperSports - When Time Is Of The Essence

and how hard is to change an IP address...

It's not easy to change your IP address. Your IP address is the ID for the location your computer is connected to the internet, maintained by your access provider, so even if you use a diff computer in the same house, you have the same IP address.

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg