what to do with that leftover Inka paint..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

MVC-002S.JPG

just common courtesy. you like people to say your name correctly, right?

this is my 30 year old rant- still not tired of it.

robert

Guest Anonymous

strongest and most fearless heroines. In "The Merchant of Venice," she saves Antonio's life through a masterful plan, posing as a lawyer in the trial of Antonio and Shylock.

...Which is my rant...

Cordelia (from Shakespeare's King Lear) Wolfe

'73tii

Inka (aka "Julius-not-Caesar")

Guest Anonymous

May-8,-2000.jpg?dc=4675349267024642864

URL: http://groups.msn.com/1969BMW2002FORSALE/photos1.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2

I know at least one of these is wrong. The Audi one is definately incorrect. Audi was actually established when 5 auto companies merged and is the abbreviation for United Automotive something something in German. I went to the VW, Audi, Bugatti, Skoda, Seat, Lambroghini, etc., etc. museum in Wolfsburg a few years ago and they talked about the origins of the names of some of the companies VW/Audi now own. I have my doubts about some of the others, but it's still interesting. You can chalk this up as trivia trivia, I guess.

Guest Anonymous

MVC-002S.JPG

you're right, i need many beers. the 'joke', however, is lame. as are most jokes based on a mis-pronunciation of someones' name. the man was an automotive genius, equal to henry ford. or better, if innovation in design is considered. ferry jr's contribution was only the 901, still the car that epitomizes the marque.

'por-sha', please.

thanks again,

robert

Guest Anonymous

created in the 30s by the merger of Horch, Wanderer, Audi and DKW. To my knowledge the only pre-war cars to bear the name Auto Union were the rear-engined race cars (designed by Ferdinand Porsche) that did battle with the Mercedes grand prix cars in the late 30s.

After WWII only DKW resumed production; an upscale DKW model in the late 50s was called an Auto Union. Volkswagen acquired the entire DKW (nee Auto Union) group (and thus all those nameplates) in the mid-60s, and reintroduced the Audi nameplate as an upscale, front drive car for folks to graduate to after outgrowing their VW beetles. BTW, Horch means "hear" in German, Audi means the same in Latin.

See, reading all those car magazines over the years pays off!

Cheers

Mike