• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you do for a living?

Frenchee

woo-hoo, first post! after getting a master's of structural engineering in 2006, i moved to Columbus, OH where I was designing buildings. 2 1/2 years later i was laid off. I moved to Pittsburgh, PA where i am now designing bridges. i love my job!

-Ryan

-Ryan

'75 Pastelblau - "Ol Blue"

#2367005 Born July 10th 1975

Guest Anonymous

ok so i own mya small automotive shop in central jersey, we started out in 2000 just doing alarms remote starters ,audio video,and auto accesories,cars trucks,,vans , also do vinyl lettering ,moved to a bigger shop last year now doing oil changes ,basic auto repair,brakes,suspension ,as well as 12 volt repair.

i had a site but closed it .theres a myspace its

http://www.myspace.com/beyondauto

will be getting up a website in the fall....maybey selling from it too. any love what i do some days .when its slow im on here ,my new addiction.old addition was mini mania had a 1978 austin mini.

sylvio

• 3 weeks later...

Web Programmer. Mostly UI (OO Javascript), but also do some PHP webservice stuff from time to time. It's mostly fun & pays the bills. Almost nothing I learned in school prepared me for this job though. You kinda just need to learn it on your own or have a mentor... Or both.

Former freight pilot. Got cancer. Did the treatment hell. Started over as a Respiratory Therapist. Filling my F..klitist just in case. New owner of a 02. Garage has a E30 and and E46.

Wow, this is a heavy story... I hope you won't need that list, but continue living totally cured!

Anyway, I'm a student, first year of Law studies. I had a brief period of automotive journalism, but that lasted only a couple of months :D

• 2 weeks later...

2yr degree in electronics on Oahu while managing a small pizza joint. Got a gig off the rock in OR as a "bunny-boy" for Intel. Worked day-shift lithography tooling for 4yrs before I got fed up with the weather and the craziness of working for a major corporation in a cleanroom.

Moved to sunny Socal in '04 to work for Los Angeles METRO as a light-rail tech for the Blue Line Division. I love this job. I work as the fill-in supervisor 2-days a week, and then as a tech the rest. I work with some majorly sharp individuals who are eager to teach and we do both electronic and mechanical work.. and the occasional damage repair lol. pays well and it's public service.

I go through life like I play Zelda.. just keep going until you find something worth keeping in your satchel.

..and I also do not own a BMW 2002.

Played n rock bands for years till it occurred to me I wasn't Prince and playing dive bars probably wasn't gonna make me rich. Then went back to school and now create online interactive programs, do video and audio editing, photography and do a lot of technical illustration.

Yes, there WAS skin on my knuckles before I started the repair...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...