• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you do for a living?

Frenchee

I own Limeworks Speedshop a Hot Rod Shop, we restore pre 1960 cars , mainly 30's & 40 's , & we have an extensive product line. I am a tool maker & Engineer by trade from England .Been here since 1988 in business since '94

www.limeworksspeedshop.com is our web site. Our 2002 is my cool distraction.

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Looks like I took quite a different path -- I'm in marketing and advertising.

I started a Mechanical Engineering degree at Washington State University after my father insisted but ultimately, to his dismay, landed in the Communication program instead. Left school with a BA in Communication and worked at a PR agency in Seattle for about a year. Didn't like PR so I went back to school and got a Masters in Business.

Spent time as a DJ while getting my masters, which led to my "night job" of running an indie music blog called FensePost (my DJ name was Fense, the blog name came naturally).

After receiving my MBA, I moved back to Seattle and worked at a lifestyle marketing agency. I now live north of Seattle and am a Project Manager at another marketing/design/advertising agency, where I also lend a hand with copywriting and marketing strategy.

Andy F.

'74 2002 Automatic

'79 El Camino

'07 Nissan Versa

Mount Vernon, WA

I'm sort of a professional traveler, having spent half my adult life in the developing world. I used to own a travel agency devoted mostly to South America and now am author of the blog http://thebackpackershandbook.com

I also have a work of fiction: "Descending the Cairo Side, a novel of the traveling life" available on Amazon.

When I'm not writing I work on my 2000 and scheme about future destinations.

post-18032-13667636639071_thumb.jpg

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

Thank you Matt, I'm humbled. We've met before at cars and coffee before the socal vintage run this last fall. I drove the Sahara '02 roundie.

Frenchee, do NOT let a lack of money stop you, just think within your capabilities (IE ski bum, cruise ship lackie, white water rafting guide, forest service, etc.). I had/have my parents love but not financial support.

I am too am in the IT profession. It started as a hobby, while I worked as forklift driver, stock boy, farm equipment cleaner, and few other places before I wound up in the grass seed industry, where I have been the IT guy for the last 4 years.

I will echo the statement of trying to get along with those around you, you may not like the guy/gal, but try to get along with them. It was one of those cases that finally got me to the It field. The old IT guy wanted to move into mgment, and they needed a replacement. Knowing that I had a strong background in it, even without on job experience, they asked me to step into that role.

1976 2002 "Tic-Tac" #2741667

1994 Yamaha FZR600 "Sparky"

Graphic Artist/ Flooring Installer..

going to school is very important. flooring helped me through school and its good side money.

graphic arts are my true passion in life i strive every day to become a better artist.

my future plans? publish a comic book and become a master at ANIMATION!!!

1971 o2

1986 toyota 4x4

1984 celica supra

Visit my web page for graphic art and photography

Www.lizardstudios22.com

o2's are yummy ^._.^1110081009-00kk.jpg

Guess I should speak up even though many here already know what I do for a living and some have known me for much of my life (SteveJ).

You could say that even though I did dabble with college some my real destiny was laid out in my blood before I as born. Great Grandpa worked on the lines at Studebaker then Hudson. Grandpa was a Chrysler dealer Mechanic who then owned a Gas/Service station and later a repair shop with his second wife... Dad was a Journeyman Mechanic before he got into electronics. Uncle was also a Journeyman wrench (worked for Grandpa for a time).... My dad fell in love with BMWs in the mid '60s then bought his Tii new in '72..... One of my first toys I can remember was a Ford 2bbl carb that I took apart and put back together many times before I was 5.

Though I did dabble with college I knew in Junior High that my fall back profession would be a mechanic. My other choice was to write for Car Magazines. Peter Egan from Road and Track is one of my heroes. He was a wrench for many years then landed a job with Cycle World magazine and soon afterward Road and Track also. :)

I bounced back and forth between Junior College and part time jobs at a VW shop and a BMW/VW parts house. My experience there landed me a job as an apprentice at a notable BMW shop near Berkeley. I apprenticed under a 20+ year BMW dealer technician and also the owner of the shop himself a self taught technician and UC Berkeley graduate. Took a few classes here and there to pass some ASE tests and... Here I am working for a good friend as he is expanding his BMW repair and restoration business that he started in his barn. I get to do my hobby every day...

In my spare time from fixing other peoples Bimmers I answer many questions here........ Hardly ever get the chance to work on my own cars. :(

Tom Jones

BMW mechanic for over 25 years, BMWCCA since 1984
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Ill bight,

The only reason I got through high school was because of sports. I was a C+ student and got quite a few curtousy C's. I wanted to continue playing baseball so I went to Gavilan CC. Played ball, had fun, but still a crappy C+ student.

After my elegability was up I had my first real life reality check. My whole life I had been an athlete and now for the first time I was forced to decide what I wanted to do with my life... I heavily debated leaving school because I had no clue what I wanted to do. After a lot of soul searching I decided the best thing to do was at least finish my A.A. degree, that way if I found something interesting down the road I wouldnt have to repeate junior college level classes.

I wound up going to CSU Monterey Bay and getting a B.S. in Kinesiology. From there I had some weird jobs. Construction, Movie store cleark, boys and girls club coach. After about a year of floating around, I realized that I couldnt use my B.S. for much. So I decided to get my teaching credential for some reason.

Im in my second year subbing now and I love what I do! Hoping to land a full time job as a PE teacher as soon as possible.

THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU... Go and get your AA from a community college if your unsure what to do. CC is cheap and it gives you a sampler platter of many different fields of study. Something may interest you! If not, you will have an AA degree which is good because if you eventually find something that interests you, half your schooling is already done!!! Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life!!!

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!

I'm a Vehicle/Industrial Designer working at a one of the only American open wheel race car manufacturers left. I've been here 5 years, since I finished my Transportation Design degree at Art Center. When I got hired, I began contract work with Toyota Racing Development to design and develop their (then upcoming) NASCAR Camry and '07 Tundra bodies. That was two years of design, wind tunnel testing and commuting between SoCal and High Point, NC. When that project ended, I stayed on and began work on the Eclipse Concept Jet program that debuted at Oshkosh in Aug '07. I've worked a great deal on an unmanned aircraft until that program was sold to a defense contractor. This summer, we submitted our bid for the Indy Racing League chassis contract, eventually losing to the incumbent, Dallara.

I got into this in high school, when my aunt (also a designer) took me to Art Center to see the Transportation Design program. I first went to Arizona State, graduating in 2000, then went on to Art Center 6 months later.

post-17271-13667636755158_thumb.jpg

Edited by calicolorado

1972 BMW 2002 Colorado #2577807<p>

2015 BMW M5 Competition 6-speed

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225

Guess we need to add more visual aids to keep some folks happy.

Here are (2) typical pictures from two different installations I have worked on (plastics systems).

picsJan2010016.jpg

DHDGFconnections.jpg

I am currently working on projects in PA, MD, NJ, KY, AZ, OH, NC, FL and probably more states that I'm forgetting.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I'm a Vehicle/Industrial Designer working at a one of the only American open wheel race car manufacturers left.

Thats awesome, I'm a member of GFR(OSU and DHBW combined Formula SAE team). We went to a lecture given by Neil Roberts last fall at Portland State U. It sounds like a sweet gig, but based on the workload he has I think I'd get too burnt out to work on my own car projects.

I'm a Vehicle/Industrial Designer working at a one of the only American open wheel race car manufacturers left.

Thats awesome, I'm a member of GFR(OSU and DHBW combined Formula SAE team). We went to a lecture given by Neil Roberts last fall at Portland State U. It sounds like a sweet gig, but based on the workload he has I think I'd get too burnt out to work on my own car projects.

Sweet! Neil is quite involved with FSAE and he's an incredibly smart engineer. We work together all the time-I even helped him with the cover of his book. I've been helping him with a project for a few months now that will be unveiled in the summer. It will blow minds, guaranteed:)

By the way, your Agave car is really nice. I have a similar set of mode (14" BBS, 38/38, tii dist and a few others. I really like the black satin wheels.

1972 BMW 2002 Colorado #2577807<p>

2015 BMW M5 Competition 6-speed

2003 Audi TT Coupe 225

Sweet! Neil is quite involved with FSAE and he's an incredibly smart engineer... It will blow minds, guaranteed:)

By the way, your Agave car is really nice. I have a similar set of mode (14" BBS, 38/38, tii dist and a few others. I really like the black satin wheels.

Thanks! If you've got the weekend off you should stop by FSAE West at Autoclub speedway June 15-18th(in LA). Our new car should continue to blow people's minds, afterall, we did win an acceleration event with our 50hp single cylinder against some 80-90hp 4cyls...