new BMW magazine

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.marsmann.com/2002tii/

While on my way to work this morning I stopped off at a local mini mart for coffee and found a "new" magazine called "BMW Scene". Exclusive BMW only magazine. Looked interesting with an M6 635csi on the cover and an E36 touring wagon.

Well, at least for me this mag was extremely depressing. Inside was nothing but a full blown Rice-A-Roni fest. Never have I seen more hideous examples of BMW's. Just down right awful. This magazine caters to the tasteless and concerns me with what is to come of the BMW image and it's enthusiasts. I don't like the kind of imagery this magazine glorifies and projects and am afraid it will influence more of this garbage.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come as I really don't want BMW's and BMW enthusiast to be categorized in the same classification as street ricers....

on a good note they did cover several articles featuring a 2000tii, an M6 and an 02 racer, so at least they paid respects to the old school....

just venting. thanks.

Guest Anonymous

Why do you put down the very poeple and place that your very own bmw is from?

you obviously did not read the articles... they sound just like you all. hard woking meatheads looking for some thing big.

LATER

frank

'71 02

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.marsmann.com/2002tii/

I just don't go for that look. To each his own but typically there is an immature mentallity that goes with that style. A wreckless attitude of driving and "showboating". That's the negativity I see in it. I don't down anyone who likes to work on cars and put's their hard work into creating something unique. It's just that "fast and furious" mentallity that scares me.

I don't like being egged on the highways by hotshots. It's downright dangerous.

If you want to drive fast & wreckless go to a course or driving event. Driving events are the proper place for that. We should all be courteous to each other on the road.

I'm not really judging, just venting.

Guest Anonymous

Multi-page feature on a Round light cabrio that's been converted to a full Square light euro configuration with the entire interior (including what appear to be 320 Recaros) redone in bone leather - including the dash. Seems like most of the cars in the mag were done by people with lots of $$ to spend, but questionable taste (only MHO, of course).