rims with big brake kits?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

May-8,-2000.jpg?dc=4675349267024642864

URL: http://groups.msn.com/1969BMW2002FORSALE/photos1.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2

What size rims are possible with a big brake kit? I'm using brake equip. off a 633i. Anybody know if I'll have to go with the 14's (came stock on 633i) or if I can keep running the 13's I have now until I come across a deal? I'd hate to swap everything over and not be able to put the wheels back on.

Guest Anonymous

the 320 turbines didn't (barely) and the steelies didn't, either.

But now that I think about it, I've got Volvo calipers, not 5- series...

hmmm

t

Guest Anonymous

The only big brake setup that I've seen that fits under stock 13" steels is made from modified nonvented 320i parts (though you might be able to do it with vented 320i). On my car I have '83 320i discs, and to fit the caliper on non-TII struts I had to take the caliper apart and grind it a bit, so that it wouldn't interfere with the rotor. It's a really close fit between caliper and rotor, but as a result it fits under stock steels just fine.

If I had to guess, I'd say that there's no way you're going to fit 5 or 6 series calipers under stock 13" steels.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I have recently fitted big brakes with Volvo calipers. I have tried e21 13" steelies and they fit OK and I have a set of 13 x 7s they fit OK. I have tried a few other sets ranging from no chance to barely fitting. So 13"s fit and, probably, most don't.