Prototype CF intake plenum for S14/M2 (Lots of Pics)

RayC911

My brother and I have been working with a fabricator to make a OEM carbon fiber intake plenum for the s14. The prototype sample was installed on his M3 a few weeks ago. We are working on a few adjustments to get it correct, mainly getting it 100% airtight with an aluminum ring where the air-horn seats. These are perfect if you want a CF air-box with a stock set-up, no need to go AlphaN or other aftermarket fuel management. Stock box is about 10lbs, prototype 1 is about 5lbs. Prototype 2 will be around 2-2.5lbs.

We should have the 2nd sample in about 2 weeks. If it's to my satisfaction, the final product should be available 2 weeks after. I am trying to have them available for around $450.00. The lowest I have seen a stock CF plenum is $550Euro~$750US+shipping. Those do not have all of the aluminum attachments and require you to silicone the air-horn to the plenum to make it airtight. I want to make these to be able to bolt-on & bolt-off.

Here is the link from s14.net.

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48611

Put your name on the list if you are interested. Zero commitment to buy but these will be produce in very limited quantity.

dsc8776.jpg

dsc8774m.jpg

dsc8763m.jpg

dsc8777g.jpg

dsc8792.jpg

dsc8794.jpg

dsc8759.jpg

Hi Ray!!

Happy Holidays!

Looks like you are back in business - the part with accessories you are manufacturing looks great. I leave for Iraq on: 31 DEC 2010. Upon my return I will make getting my 02 back on the road a super high priority. I sold the 330 and am spending the money on the house for items the wife wanted changed. Is that your red 02 or is it your brother's?

Regards

wow ray, Its really taking off 14 so far nice
Cool, Ray. Will it fit with a non- tii booster?

Looks like a good product with a great price.

That is really cool, glad someone did it with affordability in mind.

I'm pricing it at what I would buy it for. I'm very excited about this airbox if we can get it to work 100%. I have few projects in the pipeline that I'm working on. Most of the CF stuff will be for e30s and newer but I have a few goodies for us 02 guys too. : )

stock shaped plenums ONLY fit a non-tii booster. it is not really the booster shape that dictates this, it is that the tii booster pushes the M/C forward into the intake elbow.

would be nice if someone made a stock shaped plenum that moved the air intake opening forward and up to clear the M/c on a tii booster...

How much room are we talking about? inches or mm?

Sexy.

Not trashy.

I kinda like trashy.....