14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Triple 02 Sighting

gastephens

Yeah Glenn, that's Andreas Richter. He and his brother Thomas are both really nice guys. You may not recall but they were in ATL at Grant Park 03-03-03 when Rob Herdman held his last "informal '02 gathering" before moving West. I've still got photos of you demonstrating the 2002ner!

I encountered them again at Lane Motor Museum in Nashville on 04-04-04 when David Yando had his 2002 event there. Thomas was taking pre-orders for Italian turn signals. I bought three sets at $150/set. I thought that was expensive! Ironically Harry Bonkosky was at both those events as well. It's an affliction we all share!

I thought he looked familiar. Of course the thing I remember most about the Grant Park outing was the excitement we encountered while exiting. And the nice picnic in a nice setting. I like Grant Park since I am a huge fan of Olmsted landscapes. Sorry I missed the '04 outing. I have always wanted to see the Lane Museum. I think my car was hemorrhaging oil at the time.

Far from it but I did plant tulips once and I do love trees! I am an engineer and entrepreneur.

We have several examples of the Olmsteds work around here. From the linear park along Ponce de Leon Ave in Atlanta's Druid Hills neighborhood to the fantastic grounds of the Biltmore House in Asheville NC. Some of my favorite places.

If you get to the SE, check it out. Or look me up and I will give you a 2002 tour.

Yes - I got to get down to Georgia and take you up on the tour.

Since we have turned a post about rusting cars into one about nature (oxidation is a natural process!) I have a book recommendation for anyone who loves trees or has stood in awe and reverence in a stand of old growth redwoods, sequoias or even live oaks.

The Wild Trees by Richard Preston.