2761401 will be legal tomorrow!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've got insurance activated, and am going to DMV in the morning. It's turned into nearly a four year project, but I'll get the registration tags tomorrow!

Reading Tim's post just below got me remembering how this project got so out of control. It started as a simple shifter linkage rebuild. The shifter kit I got from Ireland required drilling in the driveshaft tunnel, and I had new-to-me seats to put in, so out came the carpet (which was looking rather poor in a few places). During that project, I found out the 5-speed tranny bracket was located too far forward. While I was there, I noticed the driveshaft didn't have any balance weights, so out it came to find a bad u-joint resulting in a rebuild. At this point, I told myself I might as well pull the engine and fix the oil leaks. So I pulled the engine out and forgot to stop, I only came to my senses after I had the whole interior torn up and the gas tank out. Now the pedal box, heater box, are rebuilt, gas tank derusted, plus new steering links and idler bushings. Just to rush this along a little, I had the engine and distributor Fahuna'd with stock cam, rockers, gaskets, and dozens of details. Then came a new windshield, new Blaupunkt, yada yada yada....... I can't remember it all, and don't want to see the bill.

I'm planning to make the May swap meet in Palo Alto. I'd like to meet some more of you folks in person. See y'all there.

--Jerry

Ceylon '72 tii

Guest Anonymous

I just had this one crack in the exhaust mainfold... 5 months and a few thousand later it was fixed...we are a very strange breed.

Guest Anonymous

I've got one of those projects that's spun out of control too - probably because I'm about out of things to do on my other one!

Guest Anonymous

I really want to get new springs, control arms, bushings and fix a couple of dings in the nose. The paint is faded on the roof and trunk, too....

OH, GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!

Bottom line -- I JUST WANNA DRIVE IT!!!!