exhaust hitting body

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok now that my tii is up and running. Stock downpipe and exhaust. During starting there is enough rocking to have the exhaust connection by the tranny to hit the body. I can't move the exhaust closer to the tranny, and i have verified that the 3 bolt flange is in such a position to give maximum clearance. All my motormounts are stock new, as I dropped the engine in not too long ago. Any thoughts ? Switch to Polyurathane engine mounts ?

Guest Anonymous

If so, I also had the same experience lately with a new exhaust system from Bavaria Auto. It was hitting at the rear of the car I went to a muffler shop and had the guy bend the pipe about 3/8 of an inch and now everybodies happy.

Guest Anonymous

I have the same problem. But mine hits the rear

subframe. I was going to go to the muffler shop

and have them bend it for more clearance.

Pete

Guest Anonymous

The exhaust passes very close to the trans crossmember in the 5-speed conversion. I had to shim the rear trans mount with large washers to stop my rubbing problem.

Try a 320i trans mount, it is stiffer. Max or any of the other '02 parts places will know which one.