• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

m42 swap...automatic, cruise, ac in a 2002...

jakeb

Another m42 swap into a 2002 is underway... This one is on Andy's wife's 02.... I haven't taken many pictures along the way but here are a few. This car will have cruise and AC as well as the automatic m42 and all the other goodies it has....heated seats, XM radio.....

It also is getting volvo big brakes and 15" rotas....

IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2476.JPG

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2489.JPG

1985 e28 w/LS1/t56 and a bit more...

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

-Contact me for m42 mounts or e28 ls1 mounts-

www.classicdaily.net

cruise is a rosta universal setup from summit racing... It uses a sensor on the drive shaft.

Andy the Downing Atlanta will fit.....with some slight mods to either the brake booster or to the piping up to the throttle body. There is a guy (on this board) using a set of my mounts that has a downing atlanta SC setup mounted and running....maybe he will chime in.

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

www.classicdaily.net

The e36 auto drive shaft fits and bolts to both the trans and diff without any modification. This is with the use of my mounts....same for an auto or 5 speed. You have you slide the shaft at the center slip joint to make it maybe an inch longer but there is still plenty of contact in the splines.

You then also have to relocate where the center bearing mounts up....

This is what I did on another car of andys...golf with a 5 speed.

IMG_2155.JPG

Andy can explain how smooth the setup is in his golf car.....

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

www.classicdaily.net

jake, first of all...yours is one of the best m42 swaps i have seen! love the detail in the console especially! one question...is the angle iron relocation of the center bearing sturdy enough? no wobble...right? did you add more fastening at the rear of the angle iron to the tunnel? or..is it just what we see in the photo? i have toyed with this idea for my m2 to use the m3 drive shaft (which i much would prefer), but wasn't sure if it would be strong enough. one laast thing...i know you guys dont get to hot up there in summer.... (like we do here in south fla.) ...any problems with overheating? with the a/c on, that is.?? anyhow....

again! great job, man! and a big plus with that m42.....they're bulletproof!!

keep sending more photos!!! thanks again...

mark in miami

post-72-13667635994284_thumb.jpg