14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Nothing like a warm butt on a cold morning...

MikeWooldridge

I recently bought the World Upholstery drivers seat cover from pkbinplano (thanks uncle :). I can honestly say it is a great purchase. The material is heavy duty and matches my '71 material exactly. Well not exactly; the piping is rough to the touch. Why, I don't know?

Rather than putting horsehair pad back in, I used a method I saw on Foose, and carved away with a block of dense foam to make the contour of the seat hug your bottom.

Anyway, while I had the seat apart, I decided to add seat and back heaters. Wow, they are nice. Just followed the simple instructions and tapped in to the rear window defroster for enough amperage. Mounted the two position switch to the rear of the console on the raised flat part. It's illuminated when on.

Got them from Amazon...CobraHeat, WarmSeat

51cIGIuihTL._SS400_.jpg

41i1Yr1ulWL._SS400_.jpg

The covers were black, but I SEM'd them "camel" to match the rest.

Pics later if anyone is interested.

As an o2 owner I never thought I would like heated seats but I used a similar kit on a set of Recaros in my 325iX. Your butt gets warm in the winter before the heat gets warm in thew car. Good way to start the day. I liked them so much I put a 2nd set in my other e30. Snow in NY today Mr J. Gerock. The o2 is in hirbernation.

dlm ny country

post-2494-13667635058513_thumb.jpg

post-2494-13667635064495_thumb.jpg