Weber 34-ich bolt on for 1602

daniboy

Having all sorts of strange experiences with my old solex carb on my 1602 1971 BMW. the thought of ditching the old carb which is looking tired and fitting a brand new carb is looking like the way forward. I understand the weber 34-ich is a direct bolt on unit.

Has anyone had any experience with this carb and other units that may help me out.

Have recently overhauled the engine which was running great with lots of power before the carb issues. Running with 8mm spark leads K&N air filter and a petronix ignition unit. The rest is stock.

Thanks

Dani

I had this carb on my 02 and it ran a bit too lean. Of course, there were other issue too like bad rings and messed up valves seats and deteriorated valve seals. i still have and would be willing to sell it to you cheap, with a manifold if you'd like. likely if I'd taken care of the other issue then this would have been satisfatory, however it would likely still have been a bit lean for an 02. it should run ok on you 1602 though. i hear they were used on 1600 VW bugs with good results.

I can provide pictures if you;re actually interested.

regards,

Jon Poole

Yup, the 34ich will work.

It's a smaller carb than the 40 that the 2L got, but it worked pretty well

even on that.

I had one, but then we put it on my dad's '68 Massey Ferguson combine

(which has a dodge slant- 6)

and it works pretty darned well there, too!

He says it gets better economy than the Zenith that was there,

and has better power.

Who knew?

t