14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Two new toys

penth2o

I've owned a few of them and worked on a bunch of them over the years.

Here's a CM 91 (90cc,4 speed, I think it was an early 1960's model). Its the same basic thing, just an earlier "road" version of what you have.

They are usually refered to as Honda 90's, Trail 90's or CT 90, but the 1st 4 digits of the serial number will tell you what model it actually is.

post-3520-13667634887089_thumb.jpg

Someone in my old neighborhood used to have a Trail 90 that was flogged to death on the trails behind my house. Too many jumps cracked the frame and broke the shocks.

My parents almost bought me a Honda CR 75 (I think) but that never happened, so I just stuck to riding my BMX bikes. I did borrow a friend's Yamaha DT100 to ride, then we switched to three-wheelers (Honda again) before they were "outlawed" and changed to quad-runners. We graduated to driving cut-up VW Bugs, 4x4's and even a Honda 600 all over the place. Sadly, the wide open area behind my old house was bulldozed and a huge housing developement and marina went in.

I've owned several as recently as a few years ago. Mine were '71 & '72 CT90's. As the nephews got old enough to ride I bought them proper dirt bikes. They would have destroyed the Trail 90's. I basically sold them to another adult enthusiast to ensure their (the bikes) survival. I rode the heck out of them around the area where I live. They're really excellent little machines. Just not up to jumping things (as Jim pointed out). I also had Trail 70's growing up before getting into 2-stroke dirt bikes. The two you picked up are nice examples btw. Congratulations!