Group Buy: Trick Billet Stub Axles!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi Guys,

I have found a top notch SoCal machine shop that makes aircraft quality billet stub axles for the 2002 to replace the standard, crack-prone cast pieces. They have been in business for 30 years and have built these axles for all Ireland Engineerings '02 race cars. Jeff Ireland installed his set in his race car in 1997 (as you probably know, he races a lot, hard and well!) and they're still going strong. After reading Jay Jones's article in the current issue of Bimmer (advocating upgrade to 2002 turbo axles for high hp cars), I looked into doing this for my 265 hp stroker S14-powered tii (http://www.m2bmw.com/m2BMW/cooper.htm)and found that the cost/availability is an issue. Also, I wanted something better! Anyways, here's the deal: If I buy only one pair for myself, they are $750 per pair (about the price of the 2002 turbo upgrade). If I can get 5 pairs ordered, the price goes down to $550, a bargain for what you get. I think this is a very worthwhile modification, considering the possibility of a nasty wreck in the event of failure. Please contact me off-line if you're interested and I will organize everything.

Coop

dcooper@infineonraceway.com

707 334-9811