OT: Cross country car transportation companies?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

OK, I have my eye on a great car (not a 02 though, but still a BMW), but it's out in California. Anyone know any good, reputable car transportation companies that will ship a car from California to Maryland at a decent price? I'm more worried about reliability, safety of the car, and speediness than sheer price. Can anyone recommend any places? Thanks in advance.

Alvin Caragay

BMWCCA# 156055

'72 BMW 2002

'89 BMW 325iX

Looking for a E36 M3!

Guest Anonymous

that transport cars. We use Swift, Fleet and others. I have seen ad's in Roundel for specialty transport (i.e. classic car). Another we use for our prototypes and such is Horsless Carriage.

Let me know if I can help you out, shoot me an e-mail.

Neil

Guest Anonymous

200228.jpg

my neighbor sold his m5 that was mint to a guy in florida. i drove w/him to drop the car off to get loaded on the truck and give him a lift back.

the other cars in the trailer (it was enclosed) were a new rolls (that was wrapped in plastic) as well as a vette pace car w/like 75 miles on it.

they were very particular and really cared for the car. from what i remember from talking to my buddy it was like ~1k to send it down there. but for really what your getting, it looked really well worth it...

there a subsidary of Fed Ex.

good luck,

dave

Guest Anonymous

I used a company called Allen Auto Transport to ship a 2002 from Berkeley, CA to Portland, OR. They did it for $450 and did a good job. I'm not sure if they could go all the way to Maryland, but they might be worth a look. their web address is:

http://www.allenauto.com

good luck,

Dave

Guest Anonymous

I used them last August Neil, as I bought a 1969 BMW 2000 that was in Sacramento, Ca., had her transported to western N.Y. (Rochester), super clean car, excellent body/chassis/chrome.. I had the engine rebuilt over the winter, along with new clutch hydraulics and new oem exhaust system. Nice folks at Horseless Carriage, fella named Don did the driving, met him and his wife. The car stayed in the same truck the entire trip, no jockeying around. They are worth the price.

Tim

'74 2002

'69 2000

Guest Anonymous

"Specialty" cars. The first few STi's came this way via Horsless Carraige. There is a big bonus in having your car travel in one truck! Less chance of mishaps.

I have a C: drive full of pictures of what can happen while in transport, it ain't purdy! :-)

Guest Anonymous

...instead - put your money and time into that S14 transplant you've been working on for so long, dang it!

Geeez! (slaps hand on forehead) Kids these days!

Paul (man with less than perfect priorities)

Maximill..

Guest Anonymous

I'm still going to finish the 02! Not diverting any energies from the 02...it's just that since I totalled my truck, I need a regular car to drive. I wouldn't be able to use the 02 as a daily driver(well I could, but not sure that i'd want to), so I need a regular car to drive. Besides, I found a great deal on a E36 with a TON of Schnitzer mods for a great price! can't pass that up! =)