Lands End: order some gifts, catalog with Green Roundie

jgerock

I ordered some things for my niece and received the package containing another catalog (of course). Before I tossed it in the recycling bin, I flipped thru it and noticed the same green Roundie that has been discussed here on pages 48 and 62. The cover has a neat black British cab stuffed full of presents. Note the smiling faces on the models. Wonder if the heat works inside the car??

LandsEndCatalogRear.jpg

LandsEndCatalogfront.jpg

Note the smiling faces on the models. Wonder if the heat works inside the car??

That is typical winter driving garb for most vintage cars.

If you want to wear shorts and flipflops driving in the winter, drive a new car or move to Harry's island.

Is LandsEnd gonna do their swimsuit pics in January in upstate NY?

The first 12/67 set I had was indeed chrome down below the layers of paint. This second set I have looks like they were black and then finished silver on the outside only, just like the BMW wheels of the era (same manufacturer) I plan to blast the new set and see what lurks below.

The caps I use on these wheels are the Euro E30 316, and are held on by the lugnuts. PN 36 13 1 127 230 -- The ones used in this catalog shot seem narrower and fit in from behind (like the early alloys) or press fit.

eqavwm.jpg

4.png

I have never put them on my 2002, but they come with chrome center caps and beauty rings on the 71/72 Opel GT (mine pictured).

Dieter

Dieter, beautiful Opel, I love it! Question for you, it has been my understanding that the GT used the Rallye wheel but by then they riveted on extra clips to hold the large plastic center cap that surrounds the lugnuts--can you confirm this?

Dieter, beautiful Opel, I love it! Question for you, it has been my understanding that the GT used the Rallye wheel but by then they riveted on extra clips to hold the large plastic center cap that surrounds the lugnuts--can you confirm this?

Yes, there are 4 clips attached to the wheel, holding on the chrome (not plastic) center cap. Not sure if they are riveted or welded on, I will look when I get home. You basically install the wheel with the lug nuts, and then snap on the center cap.