new member Hello! LONG Intro

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey all;

I discovered this board & have posted a couple of times. Its high time I came out of lurk mode, gave a nod of appreciation to the gang, and said “hello”

Quick intro. - I never planned on getting a 2002.

Growing up in Birmingham, England, my dad was a big car bloke. Had some Euro v6 Ford Capris, Alfas, when I was knee high. His first BMW was an e21 323i – no turning back from Munich then! Various e30s, and an e28 m535i, followed, finishing with two cinnabar m5s in succession.

As a kid I always had a soft spot for the 323i. I always wanted to get an e21, After travelling about, moving to Canada, I ended up with a somewhat newer taste of BMWs (loved my roadster).

Fast forward to now: The past couple of years the economy has not been kind to IT guys, and I found myself temporarily relocated to the US, then jobless in Georgia. My sanity has been saved by my recent purchase of a 73 2002.

Many others would maybe have spent their layoff cash in "sensible" non-car ways. I am an 02 convert, and exploring the innards of the car is cheap therapy!

Too much time on my hands, I am learning the way of the wrench, the joys of carburettors, getting my hands dirty, and improving my 2002. In the near future, a wee drive from Georgia up to BC could well be on the cards.

Thanks for letting me ramble, and say hello. And taa very much for the great tips on this board! When I post from now on I won’t be a stranger!

Guest Anonymous

bloody pollen and flower confetti is playing havoc with the water drains by the heater box!!

Yeah, the winter & spring weather is pretty decent in Atlanta i have to say.

Bumped into a few of the ATL 2002 group by accident back in January. Live in Inman Park/Little 5 points and saw a group parked up one saturday.....

Yeah. A get together would be cool...before i leave....;)

Guest Anonymous

after recognising "wet coast" scenery in the Al-farm shots. The pics look like another, more legit sort of BC "grow-op". Do the cars multiply or what?

Hope to become a permanent addition to the scenery (if u promise not to drag me to Dennys every saturday).

Hey - whos is that rectangle-lighted 02 with the sexy & correct euro-bumpers? Always thought that combo was the best looking bum (shhh tho, as a roundie owner 'd be shot for saying that)

Guest Anonymous

everyone who is a new poster to this board must let any regular poster drive his 2002, take first pick of any components on your car that are in slightly better condition than the regulars, ( replacement of purloined part is at the discretion of the picker),and in any ebay auction , allow the regular to outbid you by .25 cents before s/he goes to bed. Anything that says "alpina" must be immediately surrendered and please send overnight delivery. Those are the primary rules: tool lending, beer buying, sandwich providing, and use of your garage are in a seperate rules section, that i will have to look up later. I need to get my paypal payment together for a pair of cibie super oscars i just stupidly bought from England. The seller clearly ignored the ebay section of the rules and actually made me pay for the things....On behalf of the Northern California chapter of tongue-in- cheek FAQ friends, welcome to a great place and get ready for a lot of very useful advise and help from the posters. "Real 02s have round lights"... well that is what my t-shirt says....///