14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Early 68 1600

THIS IS NOT MY CAR. This is a car my father and I went to look at but ultimately passed on. The seller lost his job so it would be great if someone bought this car.

The car is a very late '67/early'68 1600 VIN 1560813. Original color sahara, currently the car is painted a primer that really looks like flat Manila. The motor in the car is from a 75 02, and it pulls nice and strong. 4 speed transmission shifts great. It has a weber carb which needs some tuning. The car needs some electrical work as the (incorrect) late gauge cluster has a flickering fuel needle. No sunroof. headliner has some rips. Also has black Recaros. Tinted rear windows.

I believe the owner wants $2500, but I'm not 100% sure. Email me at megamatt05 at aol dot com for his name and number.

Car is located in Long beach, CA

Seller replied back to me while still listed on Ebay stating that engine was original and VIN on chassis matched block.

T.R.

At that point he was still misinformed, even from the picture on Ebay you can tell it's from a later '02. The side of the E12 head was stamped 75. It had headers on it btw.

Just because the head has a 75 stamping, does not mean the block is not original. Who know's, the thing could have been bored 2.0 and had the e12 head slapped on. The car having headers can make you think that an owner in the past was somewhat performance minded. The pic on the bay is somewhat vauge, does seem like alot going on for a 68'. Do we know if the car is still six volt? The car is 42 years old, alot could have happened in that time frame.

Larry