• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALPINA A4 fuel line group buy

inkatouring

I emailed the guy who is manufacturing the ALPINA A4 fuel lines to get an idea of the group buy price if he went along with such a thing and he said someone from here already contacted him and he is doing it through that person. Happy to have someone else do it.

So, who are you?????

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '92 M5T (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i asked Dieter Stenger aka BMWonly to help out. he graciously agreed to. he's a native speaker so let's see how this works out.

last i looked there were at least four of us interested.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Guest Anonymous

Hell, I don't even have an A4 system any longer (oh yeah right Inkatouring has it now) and I might buy a set - just in case (I somehow get a windfall and build another A4 motor).

That's me. Jerry Allsman asked me - since I am German - to find out the conditions for a group buy.

Received a nice and detailed email today from Thomas Liebl, the owner. Here are the details:

- All lines need to be manufactured manually, since the shape of the lines is rather complex.

- If we can get at least 5 orders in, he can sell them for EUR 95 plus shipping (US buyers don't pay German VAT).

- The black clips are not included, he recommends getting the stock ones from BMW.

- It will take about 3 weeks to make the lines, as some parts are on backorder.

- He needs a written commitment in order to start, preferred payment is wire transfer from a German bank account (I can do that).

- Shipping will be EUR 52 including insurance, using DHL

In summary, if we can order at least 5 sets, it will cost about $141 shipped with today's exchange rate.

If you are seriously interested, please send me an email to deetman@sbcglobal.net.

And please no individual emails to Liebl anymore.

Thanks

Dieter

Current:

- 1970 Colorado 2002, 1982 323i, 1972 Porsche 914, 1956 Porsche 356A Coupe replica, 2003 Mini Cooper S

Past:

- 1980 320is Turbo, 1972 Malaga 2002tii, 1973 Polaris 2002tii, 1973 Sahara 2002, 1981 Alpina C1 2.3, 1989 M3, 1984 Hardy & Beck 327S

thanks Dieter. email sent. is the shipping fee for each individual set shipped to each order?

i was thinking perhaps we could ship all sets to the US (i'm willing to be that person) in one box and share that cost. then distribute them via US Mail at an additional (hopefully smaller) cost.

perhaps simplicity and direct shipment is worth the cost...

just thinking out loud.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Just sent out an email to everyone that's interested.

So far we have Jerry, Sherman, Michael, Bo, Jason, O.C. and Daniel.

I have attached 2 pictures Liebl sent me.

The shipping they quoted me was for all lines in one box, shipped to the US. If they shipped each set individually, it will cost between EUR 41 and EUR 52 PER SET. Up to 5kg (11 pounds) all shipping cost the same.

If we order more than 5 sets, shipping insurance will increase by EUR 1.50 per set.

EUR 41 is for 10-12 day delivery, EUR 52 for 6 days. This is up to you, but my calculation is based on 6 day delivery.

It seems more economic to have them ship one box. Then one of us - maybe Jerry - can repack and ship to everyone. That should cost abot $5 plus the box.

Right now we have 7 people on the list. Cost per unit including the domestic shipping should not be more than $150. (EUR 95 + EUR 8 shipping x 1.33 = $137 + $5 + box + ???). There is a small fee for me to wire the money from my German account to the company, which adds maybe another $1- $2 for each set.

Unless you have any better ideas, I suggest to "personal" paypal me $150 to my email address. Make sure it is "personal", otherwise I have to pay a fee. I will then order and pay for the lines.

If there is money left, I will buy you all a nice Christmas present .

Dieter

post-260-13667634732695_thumb.jpg

post-260-13667634734563_thumb.jpg

Current:

- 1970 Colorado 2002, 1982 323i, 1972 Porsche 914, 1956 Porsche 356A Coupe replica, 2003 Mini Cooper S

Past:

- 1980 320is Turbo, 1972 Malaga 2002tii, 1973 Polaris 2002tii, 1973 Sahara 2002, 1981 Alpina C1 2.3, 1989 M3, 1984 Hardy & Beck 327S

thanks Dieter. email sent. is the shipping fee for each individual set shipped to each order?

i was thinking perhaps we could ship all sets to the US (i'm willing to be that person) in one box and share that cost. then distribute them via US Mail at an additional (hopefully smaller) cost.

perhaps simplicity and direct shipment is worth the cost...

just thinking out loud.

If you prefer them to ship directly to you (instead of one box from GER to US), it will add about $50 per set - do the math: EUR 52 - EUR 52/7= EUR 44.50 x 1.33 = $59, less domestic shipping and box.

Current:

Past:

Just sent out an email to everyone that's interested.

So far we have Jerry, Sherman, Michael, Bo, Jason, O.C. and Daniel.

I have attached 2 pictures Liebl sent me.

The shipping they quoted me was for all lines in one box, shipped to the US. If they shipped each set individually, it will cost between EUR 41 and EUR 52 PER SET. Up to 5kg (11 pounds) all shipping cost the same.

If we order more than 5 sets, shipping insurance will increase by EUR 1.50 per set.

EUR 41 is for 10-12 day delivery, EUR 52 for 6 days. This is up to you, but my calculation is based on 6 day delivery.

It seems more economic to have them ship one box. Then one of us - maybe Jerry - can repack and ship to everyone. That should cost abot $5 plus the box.

Right now we have 7 people on the list. Cost per unit including the domestic shipping should not be more than $150. (EUR 95 + EUR 8 shipping x 1.33 = $137 + $5 + box + ???). There is a small fee for me to wire the money from my German account to the company, which adds maybe another $1- $2 for each set.

Unless you have any better ideas, I suggest to "personal" paypal me $150 to my email address. Make sure it is "personal", otherwise I have to pay a fee. I will then order and pay for the lines.

If there is money left, I will buy you all a nice Christmas present .

Dieter

I'm in, too.

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '92 M5T (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/