1973 2002Tii Right Hand Drive/Ragtop Colorado Orange (nt)

Ultra Rare Factory 1973 BMW 2002 Tii Right Hand Drive with Ragtop for sale. This is the car you have been waiting for. Cars like this dont come up for sale very often.

Very few of these were imported to the US. This one is from London England. Hence the Right Hand Drive and Webasto Ragtop. This is not a conversion but a factory right hand and ragtop car. If you like driving on the right as much as I do then right is right for you!

This is an original Colorado Orange car with Black interior. Just professionally repainted Colorado with a very high quality paint job. All windows, trim and interior were removed for the restoration. The entire body was repainted along with engine bay, trunk, and door jambs.

It was a remarkably dry car with great bones and very little rust being an England car. Shock towers, rockers, and trunk spare well were all very nice and intact. Most of the rust was surface rust and some rust in the roof around ragtop. All of the cancerous areas were sanded down and new metal was welded in and treated for rust.

Entire car interior was gutted and restored. Originally the car came with black velour seats with white piping. All of the seats were removed and replaced with Recaro seats. Covered in Black with Orange stitching and rear seats were stitched with the same Recaro pattern to match. All new black German carpet was installed, new front and rear door panels hand stitched, new BMW factory headliner material, new hat shelf, recovered console and shift boot, recovered rear hat shelf, recovered trunk lining, restored dash (no cracks at all).

New German stayfast ragtop with new ragtop headliner. All new window rubber around entire car including trunk and doors. All new Annodized trim around entire car. Annodized trim includes- A pillar, B pillar, drip rails, belt line trim, lower black trim, rocker moldings, window scrapers, center grill, and drivers grill. Also European bumpers were sent out for re-chroming and deletion of bumper guards and holes filled. Rally fog lights with mesh grills were added for appearance. Ireland engineering front spoiler was painted to match.

Fitted with deep dish original 15 BBS 3 piece wheels with polished lips and new BBS caps. Repainted correct BBS gold center weaves. Yokohoma S drive Tires have less 100 miles. New black Coco mats. New windshield and rubber.

Motor and transmission are very strong and healthy. It has the factory Tii fuel injection and a 5 speed transmission was upgraded. Clutch is very good. An upgraded air filter was added but I still have the stock air cleaner. Brakes have been serviced recently. New rear brake shoes, cylinders, and brake cable. Idle is a bit high at cold start but fine when warm.

Currently registered in California with a clean title in hand. $25k obo.

San Mateo, CA

IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

Beautiful car, and certainly collectible.

I have some questions regarding some of the details.

Overall, the paint in the photos looks like a professional job, but there are some indications that some shortcuts were taken.

The supporting brackets surrounding the headlight buckets show some rust and faded paint. Why weren't these items addressed when the car was painted?

The strut mount bolts were painted, which indicates the strut housings weren't removed for painting. This strikes me as odd since it appears the motor was removed, or at least the items attached to the firewall and fenders were removed for painting. Why not remove the struts?

The headlight buckets show rust on them. With the car disassembled for painting, why weren't these rust areas addressed?

Finally why wasn't a stock air filter assembly installed in place of the K&N air filter? Are the stock assemblies difficult to come by?

Just curious. The car looks far better than mine ever will, and it doesn't appear that the owner was skimping on the project, as the interior looks fantastic. It simply strikes me as odd that the owner went so far down the restoration path, then left a few easily remedied, and easily identifiable issues unresolved.

Just curious. The car looks far better than mine ever will, and it doesn't appear that the owner was skimping on the project, as the interior looks fantastic. It simply strikes me as odd that the owner went so far down the restoration path, then left a few easily remedied, and easily identifiable issues unresolved.

I'm thinking the project just went way over budget. The motor looks like it needed a refresh too. I've seen this 02 pre-resto and I give props to whoever put in the resources to do the job, it was very very rough.

edit: my .02, love the wheels!! but not on this car...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...