Replica TiSA Restall Bucket Seats

Mike_B

I just found this link and I thought I would pass it along. There is a company in the UK that makes replica's of the TiSA Restall bucket seat.

Not cheap, but very cool! I'd love a set for the 1800Ti recovered to match my oxblood red interior. Add in a set of Simpson lap belts and your set!

http://www.bryanpurves.co.uk/newminimenu.html#Seats

RestallReclinerRHPB.jpg

So...which seat is the correct seat? they look similar, but also very different.

I have seen a pcture of the BMW Mobile tradition's '66 2000TI and it as the seats as pictured on the first post. While all of the Tisa Pictures I have seen have the seats inn the second post

Yup, that's the "TiSA" close ratio 5spd, also optional on all NK's till the later "'02 style" Getrag 235/5 came out. I am not sure but believe they were made by Coloti like the first GT-40 transmissions. These early close ratios are notoriously weak and we will not be using ours when we get the car back together.

Alpina used these early CR boxes in their earliest '02s as well....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a link to some replica Restall bucket seat frames for sale on UK ebay. I contacted the individual and he is willing to ship to the States.

They are missing the side bolsters of the TiSA seats, but since they are just frames it may be something a resourceful individual could replicate.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180616081849&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

• 2 months later...

I've been in contact with a gentleman in the U.K. that makes replica Type 1 Restall / Masterfit seats. The seats look to be very high quality and folks over on the UK Mk1 Mini forum speak quite highly of them.

He currently has the seats pictured below available for NK's. But, if you are looking to purchase immediately he is in need of an original seat to fabricate mounts, however this shall be addressed in the near future (see below).

On to the seats...

2nd%20gen%20%27Masterfit%27.JPG

3rd%20gen%20%27Restall%27.JPG

2nd%20gen%20%27Type%201%27.JPG

From an ALPINA NK

alpina%202.jpg

I asked about the TiSA seats with the side bolsters and he has obtained one of these seats for replicating (and making NK seat mounts). He should have them available for sale by the end of the summer.

Standard pricing is as follows -

1. 'Tisa' £590.00 each

2. 'Type 1' (pictured above) £480.00 each

Not cheap, but for someone replicating a TiSA, these may do the trick. He can be contacted directly at gareth_richards1 at hotmail dot com.