• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emily makes it to work today!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just to PROVE to all of you that doubted I'd actually DRIVE my new car....I drove it into work today in the wetish sprinkles!

I figure it'll rain at Carlisle anyway - - - so rain doesn't freak me out too much....well, maybe just a little. *wink*

I can tell you this: At 100 mph, the sand starts to exit the heater vents.

I'll try to snag a digital camera tomorrow for finished exterior photos.

Paul (the short guy with the dumba$$ grin in Parkton Maryland)

Maximill...

Guest Anonymous

Well done Paul - looked at the pics, she looks

lovely. What do you mean about the sand? Did you

have the front end sand blasted? I did that on my

old Tii and 5 years later I was still getting sand

through the vent tubes - but you're probably talking

about something completely different!

Cheers, Nick

Guest Anonymous

The entire front of the car from the windshield forward was taken to bare metal. I did the sand blasting personally while Matt cracked the whip! Took me 6 hours to get it done. The sand is far LESS than I expected though....I thought it would be EVERYWHERE, but it just seeps out ever so slightly at high speed....and I never drive at high speed, naturally.(heh!)

Besides....the 02 has better heat than my 6 series still!

Paul

Maximill...

Guest Anonymous

How else will you ever get the sand out, right?

Congratulations. I showed one of the pictures you posted to my wife last night and she said "The paint looks really shiny." Coming from her about a car, that is truly a compliment (I get "Can you open the garage door? Your car smells bad again.").

Matthew Cervi

'73 tii

Guest Anonymous

...though her opinions on "cars as transport only" will surely change when her MINI / CS arrives in June.

The only other car she lusts after is a nice ole Karmann Ghia....and they're too dangerous, too slow, and don't stop or handle well enough to put up with the R U S T!

Swing by next time you're in the city!

Paul

Guest Anonymous

200228.jpg

and if you get pulled over by an envious patrol man tell him you just blowing the sand out...

paul the car is looking SWEET!!!!

-dave

Guest Anonymous

a 2" ball on a 2and 5/16 hitch. It is a wonder that beautiful car is not in CT or PA somewhere.

Our towing luck is getting better.....