14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Where to get a new carb

lobf

Hey folks. My carburator is on its last legs here... I'm looking to buy a new one. I scanned ireland Engineering's site, but they had nothing obvious.

Can abyone point me to where I can get a new Weber for my '02 at a decent price?

Also, what kind of carb do you all recommend? Mine is a daily driver, power isn't such a concern to me anymore, but it'd be nice to have some teeth if I need them. I'm a car noob (this is my first :D) so I don't know the benefits/drawbacks of the various carbs.

Thanks for your help folks!

-Nick

Guest Anonymous
Cool, thanks fellas. I'll review my options there.

Can anyone tell me what the 32/36 or 38/38 things stand for? What do they mean?

The size of the barrels. From your description above, I think you'd want the 32/36, better all around drivability, better mpg. But others who know more will be able to give more detailed info.

a well tuned 38/38 is great on a road car. but 'well tuned' means that a lot has to do with the capabilities of who ever is wrenching on it.

For what your describing, start with the 32/36. Find a good used one to rebuild and learn how they work, you'll be better off in the long run that way.

You'll get lot's of differing opinions here, no one is wrong and no one is right.