Anyone use Bilstein Sports w/ Eibach Springs? My daily drive

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

in desperate need of new suspension. I want the best of all worlds. I do primarily very spirited around-town driving & the roads in Atlanta, as elsewhere, aren't the greatest. Am planning to use Bilstein Sports with Eibach dual-rate springs and combination of rubber and polyurethane bushings. Plus k-mac camber plates and front and read strut braces and larger sway bars? Also will have 15" BBS with 195x50x15 SO3's. Any comments on this set-up are welcome.

TIA

Guest Anonymous

ryan_phelps.jpg

Well...I have the eibachs and the sports, along with 195/60 14. I also have fresh rubber bushings and probably wouldn't recommend urethane for a daily driver. There are days in I wish I had the HD's in but most of the time it is just about perfect...

Ryan

68 02

Guest Anonymous

I love the ride. I have urethane everywhere and really don't mind the ride. I also run 185/50/15 and love the handling of the car, cruising and throwing it around corners.

Brian

76 02

Guest Anonymous

All depends on how tolerant you are of a very tight suspension. I run almost that exact setup: Eibachs, Bilstein Sports, 195/50-15s, urethane all around, f & r strut braces, larger sway bars. The ride is very controlled and miles away from a worn-out stock suspension. If you are willing to feel every last pebble and twig in the road, to have almost constant low-level road vibration and to exercise considerable care around potholes, you'll be fine. The handling is excellent, feel is wonderful, but it is not even remotely similar to a stock suspension, even one that's brand new. If you are having second thoughts at this point, I would suggest Eibachs, Bilstein HDs, rubber suspension bushings, larger sway bars, and strut braces. Just know that everything is a trade-off. If you really want the best of both worlds, you're probably better off buying an nice new M3.

Guest Anonymous

I have Bilstein HDs, Eibach Pro-kit springs, ST sway bars, all urethane bushings and 185/60/14 tires. Overall, I think this setup is a great compromise suspension. My last 02 had this same setup sans the big sway bars and urethane bushings and I actually thought it was not-quite-agressive enough. But sway bars make a BIG difference on these cars. Now, the only thing I will do is get fixed front camber plates (and borrow the R compound tires for autocrossing from my other car). My 02 is a nice weather driver which sees occasional autocross use and I want to retain at least an inkling of its ride quality.

Guest Anonymous

i use bilstein sports and h&r springs. the combination

is outstanding. i also use a strut brace.jack fahuna recommended it as well as a local racer. they were very accurate in that it serves well for street and as i have track time in other cars i know that this set-up will be fine there too.

dw

Guest Anonymous

My tires are 185/60-14's and ride is stiff. I really don'y mind much, since it is my fun car, but in a daily driver I would install Heavy Dutys with the Eibachs.

Guest Anonymous

I run Bilstein HD's and Eibach sport springs along with

Maximum Stick 25mm 22mm swaybars.

I find the ride is very controlled and not too harsh.

Minsoo

1973 Inka 2002tii