Where to mount Megasquirt / run 02 sensor

///mChris

all,

I'm getting closer to finishing my megasquirt installation. I'm ponder a couple of things.

1. Where to mount? The ms3X is pretty big. I'm not sure I want to lose the entire glove box. Any other smart mounting spots?

2. Where to run wires for 02 sensor. I'm using a AEM wideband. Should it go through the engine compartment or drill through the transmission tunnel?

Thanks

Chris

Im not sure how large the MS box is, but I mounted my Haltech box under the glovebox. Now the glovebox only opens about half way, which I dont mind since I never open it anyway.

I ran my AEM wideband wires through the firewall on the driver side. Since you need to connect some wires to the battery and ignition, I just used the ones from the fuse box. The AEM cables are super long so either cut then down to size or zip tie them under the dash. I mounted the gauge to a home made gauge pod where the center consule use to be.

Hope this helped.

I have my MS2 mounted on the bottom of the glove box(underneath) The programming cable faces the center console and the main harness does a 180 degree turn and goes through an oblong hole in the firewall directly behind the glove box. The main cable runs along the firewall and mates to the relay board, that is mounted on the drivers side of the firewall above the brake booster assy.

FWIW I don't think I would use the relay board again. I'd use a small discrete fuse block and separate relays mounted near the items they control.

L8R

Dave Ganzer

I have a MS2 3.0 but I think it's the same size as the old one. I have been thinking about using double sided trim tape to mount it to the heater box. I guess servising would be rough. The other idea is to mount it to the inside of the center consol. Maybe on a tray behind some gauges.

John