Wow- after a trip to NorCal, I'm jealous...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

...but maybe not for long!

Saw so many nice 02s, both roundies and squares. One particularly nice chamonix '75 or '76 on the corner of Powell and I *think* Pacific in San Fran.

And a faded agave roundie on Irving down near Golden Gate Park in SF as well.

Not a single 02 in Palo Alto. Too many SUVs.

Might be moving out there to do a post-doc @ Stanford. Any advice, or rants/raves? I absolutely WILL NOT LIVE in Palo Alto (way too $$$ and sickeningly little ethnic heterogeneity), but opinions of the general area very welcome :)

I really fell in love with the Bay area. Wish I could have met up with some of you folks :(

Marty

'73 malaga 02

'81 320is

'03 MCS ordered and soon to be built :)

Guest Anonymous

I'm not sure that I'd like living on the peninsula, but the north bay is nice!

I went to arizona for college and remember returning a few times a year to enjoy my former home. College is over and I couldn't see living anywhere else.... It isn't just the 02's. Matter of fact, this place attracts "cool car" owners. I think its been proven in lab studies. LOL

Bill

Guest Anonymous

Hey! I live in Palo Alto! so watch it with your comments or I'll cry. There are at least 5 2002 owners within 15 blocks of my house. mine is the rattiest piece of crap. the others look pretty nice.

If you're going to do post-doc at Stanford the cheaper towns nearby are East Palo Alto, Redwood City and Mountain View. But they aren't cheap by most standards. If I was into the whole school thing I'd look for a school in a warm location that was not terribly desirable (bakersfield maybe). because snow and ice is not my bag and it's bad for these old (and rusty) cars. luckily i'm not into school and so far i've been lucky finding work in Silly-con Valley so I can pay the $2/square foot in rent that we seem to pay in this town.

and if you think there is no rust in your 30 year old car I really want to sell you some swampland. you'll recognize my add when you see the property advertised as "Waterfront property, scenic views"