Rear brake shoe recommendations...

schwarz75

For a high-performance street driven 2002 with 250mm rear drums (E21), what shoes are most of you using? The front brakes are the Big Girling calipers with E21 vented rotors and Ferodo pads (from Korman).

I'm going to install Turbo 22mm cylinders along with new shoes. Anyone using the rear Fedoro shoes from Ireland Engrg?

Guest Anonymous

Several years ago we bought 3 sets of Porterfield "racing" rear shoes. At the next race myself and 2 friends installed them. All 3 sets delaminated during our first session causing 2 of us to spin. Later I only ask Porterfield to replace the fail shoes not even for a refund. We all know shit can happen. They refused to discuss anything. THAT WAS THE LAST THING I EVER WILL BUY FROM PORTERFIELD.

I just though you should know how they do business.

bummer Jeff. I went though a bunch of porterfield R4's in my e30's when i was doing track schools and when i first started racing years ago. folks at porterfield were great to work with. same good experience recently buying pads/shoes for the the 02.

btw - thanks for email reply on my q about M2 sway bars and the call back from andrew. great support from IE!

Several years ago we bought 3 sets of Porterfield "racing" rear shoes. At the next race myself and 2 friends installed them. All 3 sets delaminated during our first session causing 2 of us to spin. Later I only ask Porterfield to replace the fail shoes not even for a refund. We all know shit can happen. They refused to discuss anything. THAT WAS THE LAST THING I EVER WILL BUY FROM PORTERFIELD.

I just though you should know how they do business.

Jeff........extend the 10/20% sale!!...pretty please. Many of us missed it.