Sacramento Area Work on Cars Day

BillyRay

I am stealing this idea from the guys over on the Renntech Forum. They get together about once a quarter and do this. I would be willing to host such an event but my facilities are not ideal as I have your standard 2 car garage and parking is limited. I would still be willing to host if there was enough interest. Folks on the Renntech forum limit the types of jobs to about 2 hour jobs that can be done in one day. Gives hack mechanics like me the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience on jobs I have never done before. I know there are a few experts in the area who might be willing to "direct" people on procedures and such. I thought it was a great idea to get together and share our passion and maybe learn something. So, post up if this is something Faq'ers are interested in.

Best Regards, "Z"

Charlie Mac in Citrus Heights has a similar gig at his dad's house on most Saturdays. He has helped me out a bunch.

Yep I've had them for the VW guys for years there. Sadly my dad passed away August 10th at Hot August Nights. I haven't been doing much but cleaning the shop lately, it was a real mess.

Maybe after I get it clean with usable space again I'll hold one for the deuce folks.

Billy Ray or is it "Z"?

I have just such a locatin in downtown Sac (34th street and Follsom) that could accomodate three or four cars as long as no one needs an auto lift. Floor jacks and jack stands but indoors plus electricity. Oh and a fork lift to do the heavy lifting.

If you can put it together for next weekend December 4th, we can start off with your car and get others involved for a one day tech.

Perhaps BBQ a lunch and cold ones.

Let me know.

Charlie- Sad to hear about your Dad passing. He was a great man. You guys had a great friendship. I will never forget the twinkle that he would get in his eye when he would talk about his cars. He was funny when he would go in the back room and fire up his T Bucket. Memories I will never forget.

post-6684-13667634399402_thumb.jpg

post-6684-13667634400274_thumb.jpg

Billy Ray or "Z" I will answer to either.

Downtown Sacramento sounds more convenient than my place which is in the middle of downtown Nowhere. Great driving roads to get here though, might be good when the weather is better. As far as my car goes, I have not assembled/determined the parts needed (clutch size) It sounds like your place is ideal though. I can bring my car if I can gather the necessary bits in time. I don't mind wrenching others as well. Dec 4 is kind of short notice, but if those interested will Sound off if might come together on some limited scale?

Charlie, sorry to hear about your loss, I know you have offered your assistance to me in the past.