• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Venture into the World of Neu Klasse

MikeinNC

Definitely a crazy guy, but then most of the 02ers that have met me know that already The GT is gone and I had a hole in the garage Just hauled this down from Virginia 65 1800 Lots of things done already, a bit to get it going A decent project car Hopefully will have it running for Vintage.

Thanks Adam and Claiborne!

I knew this forum was going to get me in trouble

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nice going, Mike!

One of these I haven't yet allowed into my collection, but the temptation is always there. Thankfully I have plenty of other projects keeping me poor...

Hopefully I'll be able to make Vintage again this year, but will definitely be at Oktoberfest.

Happy holidays!

vince

Nick/Al

A previous owner had started down that path But I did not get the side drafts in the purchase I do have a Lynx set up that I will be trying if the engine turns out ok I have most everything to do an M20 conversion or maybe and M50 installation (stealing Martin's idea on that latter one) We shall see First goal is to get it up and going

Hey Nick, we are coming over for the Bavarian Tour next summer (June) Going to be driving Jeffrey and Adeline's Baur Are you going on that? Like to meet you. This is a trip of a lifetime for us so we are hoping to meet as many of the international 02 community as we can while there

Nick/Al

A previous owner had started down that path But I did not get the side drafts in the purchase I do have a Lynx set up that I will be trying if the engine turns out ok I have most everything to do an M20 conversion or maybe and M50 installation (stealing Martin's idea on that latter one) We shall see First goal is to get it up and going

Hey Nick, we are coming over for the Bavarian Tour next summer (June) Going to be driving Jeffrey and Adeline's Baur Are you going on that? Like to meet you. This is a trip of a lifetime for us so we are hoping to meet as many of the international 02 community as we can while there

M20 would be cool - esp with triple carbs as my mate is stuffing in his 02 at the moment - looks great. M50 though, IMO, just looks far too plasticky and modern - would go great but I'd be ashamed to open the bonnet!

Bav Tour? Yep, me and the NK will be there and a good UK contingent too:

http://www.02forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1162

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Jim

Pretty close in size, just slightly larger it seems Haven't taken many pictures yet Been a busy holiday with the girls in town and going up and back to Va. Does have a long neck, no clue as to what ratio. 14 inch wheels. Will figure out driveshaft stuff when I put the 5 speed I have planned for it for if I can get the M10 going for now. Humberto wants to take it to Arkansas in April :)

Nick That is great I am really looking forward to seeing your NK and meeting some of the other 02ers Too bad I cannot put the 02 Panel Truck in my suitcase I am sure the guys from England would love to see that. :)

ahh, you're that Mike - absolutely love that van, has inspired many a silly imaginary project! Be good to meet you and share a few steins.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

When was I in Charlotsville? ;) I new it was one of them japanese cars!

Best part was joining you and your mom for dinner!

My derriere is VERY happy with the newly upholstered Recaro's! Thanks again for everything you did for me and what you do for the 02 community!

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)