14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Old Twisty gets new shoes

LimeySteve

Yes I'm diggin the look & keeps the $'s down too , I'm trying the dynabeads in the tires , they are little ceramic beads that automatically balance the tires from the inside with eccentrifical force , dynamically balancing as you drive . I sell them but now I have the opportunity to try them 1st hand. I hate wheel weights .

just 2 ozs in each tire , they are really small (.050" diameter approx) & are very smooth so wear is not an issue.

There was a 'recent' thread about doing this. Sounds perfectly acceptable, and a continuous balance. I'd do it if I had the energy. I don't like lead weights either (who does), so I made sure the shop used the adhesive style on the inside of the wheel, static balancing. Since my car isn't exposed to inclimate weather, no worries about losing a strip.

The car looks great...

I'm trying the dynabeads in the tires , they are little ceramic beads that automatically balance the tires from the inside with eccentrifical force , dynamically balancing as you drive . I sell them but now I have the opportunity to try them 1st hand. I hate wheel weights .

As much as I hate wheel weights, the beads have their own issues. They actually do more to damp the vibration than to balance. The only way they balance is at a constant speed, otherwise they merely damp, like a vibration damper on an engine. Not that they don't make for a smooth ride.

Cheers your 1600 looks great , for me it's Minilites 1st (or Panasports ) & the early alloys 2nd, but there are a lot of Minilites around.There are not too many with early alloys so I'm very happy. I was going to go Fjord Blue when I fix the badly repaired drivers rear qtr (hence Old Twisty ) but I am going to re do the 2 tone it makes the car for me . I'll post up my findings on the wheel balancing after a blast down the 5 fwy today.