Folks, be alert/ careful out there..

Timmer

this actually happened over a week ago but I hit a 2 point buck head on in my 2006 Toyota Corolla; $4200.00 in damages, happened about 4:45 here, so just getting dark, going about 35mph on my way home with my chocolate labrador retriever in the back seat, heading home from a local park where a bunch of us meet up after work to let the pooches play. This was in an area with a pretty good number of deer, golf course area and woods on opposite side, the buck came out of nowhere as I had no time to react, came out from where the woods meet the road I was on, hit the buck and he went head over the Corolla; the buck died shortly after hitting the road; scariest accident I've had.

A fellow with a Toyota Tundra that stopped to help, took the deer after the sheriff asked if I wanted it. I've seen numerous others in this area prior to and the days after , pretty populated area with deer.

Tim.

I HIT A 4 POINTER WITH THE BENZOLET LAST YEAR .

I WAS GOING MAYBE 45 AND IT WAS FOGGY .

THE DEER CAME OUT OF NOWHERE AND ALL I SAW WAS A FLASH OF BROWN . I HIT HIM SQUARE IN THE GRILL .

IT TOOK OUT BOTH OF MY BOSCH EURO GLASS COVERED HEADLIGHTS .

THE RADIATOR WAS DRIVEN BACK INTO THE WATER PUMP SO HARD THAT IT MOVED

THE PULLEY BACK FAR ENOUGH THAT IT WAS RUBBING ON THE POWER STEERING BELT .

IT IS HARD TO IMAGING THE FORCE IT TOOK TO DO THAT .

I MANAGED TO GET THE CAR HOME BY REFILLING IT WITH CREEKWATER

ALONG THE WAY .

I DID FIX THE CAR WITH A NEW RADIATOR , HOOD AND RADIATOR SUPPORT PANEL .

THOSE OLD BENZES ARE PRETTY TOUGH CARS .

I AN SURE IT WOULD HAVE TOTALED MOST NEW CREATIONS .

I DROVE IT ALL SUMMER WITH A PUMPKIN ORANGE HOOD ,

US SPEC HEADLIGHTS AND WITHOUT AN AC CONDENSER .

HERE IN NC THE DEER ACCIDENTS ARE ON THE RISE .

THE STATE WILDLIFE COMMISSION HAS REMOVED THE LIMIT OF THE NUMBER OF DEER THAT HUNTERS CAN TAKE IN A SEASON .

THEY ARE ALSO ALLOWING THE USE OF CROSSBOWS FOR THE FIRST TIME .